Destiny May Appear On PC, Says Bungie

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
Oooh, really Bungie? We've earned the right to be in your favor again? I mean it's not like PC hasn't clearly got a ready-made fanbase that even has online comic-cons for the mods for Halo: Combat Evolved because we still don't have anything besides that crappy Halo 2 port to play that's new! Or that we're nearly to the point of Anniversary in terms of graphics depending on who's working on a particular mod.

...I might be the slightest bit bitter, about a certain console exclusive finale to a franchise. In a less bitter mode: Destiny would make perfect sense as a PC MMO, but as was stated above, it's got competition and needs to be a good port.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
The thought of console-exclusive franchises going cross-console and hopefully cross-platform certainly is nothing to scoff at. Some of you people should probably be a bit less sour. There's nothing to lose for pc gamers here, it just decreases the desirability of consoles and if the port is bad there are still plenty of other pc games to buy instead.
It is also good for people who want to play on a console because it means they can just as well buy the other console (or a pc) without having to miss out on a franchise they like.

The only ones losing on this are Microsoft.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I hope it does. I love Bungie, but after becoming so used to mouse aiming I find it really hard to play FPS' on console controllers again. Plus I don't ever connect my consoles to the internet, so if it's a full-blown MMO (though I'm hoping there will indeed be a solo offline mode whenever it launches) I'd be far more likely to get it on PC than anything else.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I would love to see Destiny receive a PC version of the game. It looks like it will be a fun and interesting game and I would love to play it. Plus, if they brought it to Steam they would end up making a ton of money on it.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
cikame said:
They'd have to put the crosshair in the middle of the screen, do you think Bungie are capable of that?
is there a game by them where its not? if so i havent noticed?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
rbstewart7263 said:
cikame said:
They'd have to put the crosshair in the middle of the screen, do you think Bungie are capable of that?
The crosshairs on Halo games (or at the very least Halo 2 and 3) are lowered from center. I remember someone conjecturing that this was to force players to look upwards and see more of the skyboxes that Bungie put so much effort into.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
That game looks so boring, they can keep it. It's not often that I'm totally uninterested into a Pc port of a console game.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Gotta love it how a console developer who made the first FPS hit on consoles is "considering" to make a PC version of an MMOFPS. Same thing as with GTA 5 not being confirmed on the PC yet, it boggles my mind completely.

This is a future I never thought possible. So, do whatever you will Bungie with this decision.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Parakeettheprawn said:
Oooh, really Bungie? We've earned the right to be in your favor again? I mean it's not like PC hasn't clearly got a ready-made fanbase that even has online comic-cons for the mods for Halo: Combat Evolved because we still don't have anything besides that crappy Halo 2 port to play that's new! Or that we're nearly to the point of Anniversary in terms of graphics depending on who's working on a particular mod.

...I might be the slightest bit bitter, about a certain console exclusive finale to a franchise. In a less bitter mode: Destiny would make perfect sense as a PC MMO, but as was stated above, it's got competition and needs to be a good port.
Aw man, I remember after Halo 3 came out, I waited patiently for news of a port. Avoiding gaming threads talking about it so I wouldn't see any spoilers for months. I knew the game would come out later on PC, as Halo and Halo2 were a good deal after, but after a year or two I lost hope, and just read the wiki for the plot/watched the cutscenes on Youtube. I won't hold my breath for destiny coming out on PC, although it actually intrigues me.

I love Bungie's games, why do they refuse to sell them to me?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
So Sony gets to reveal Destiny at E3. A game made by people who made the biggest Xbox exclusive. Not very good news for Microsoft regardless of the fact that it's coming to Xbox One as well.

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
Hero in a half shell said:
Parakeettheprawn said:

Aw man, I remember after Halo 3 came out, I waited patiently for news of a port. Avoiding gaming threads talking about it so I wouldn't see any spoilers for months. I knew the game would come out later on PC, as Halo and Halo2 were a good deal after, but after a year or two I lost hope, and just read the wiki for the plot/watched the cutscenes on Youtube. I won't hold my breath for destiny coming out on PC, although it actually intrigues me.

I love Bungie's games, why do they refuse to sell them to me?
I did the same, but I still am bugged by having an unfinished trilogy. I dealt with GWFL to beat Halo 2, and I want to see a finale won by my own hands. I know a guy who'd be willing to do co-op, but I'm not a fan of the Xbox 360 controller -- I played Halo on PC for a reason. Either they're gonna port it and then get my money, or I play it with him and M$ doesn't get a cent. Either way, I'll sometime in the near future finally resolve my unfinished trilogy. As to Bungie... I have no idea why they are so goshdamn dogdamn afraid of PC gamers. The best they've managed were aesthetic bonuses in Reach? Really? There supposedly even this internal controversy over whether Anniversary would get a port. Microsoft needs to stop being so damn anal about it and gives us the damn game already.

Well, I don't think I've used "damn" that much in anything I've written before in my entire life.

Velociferocks

Jul 20, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
So Sony gets to reveal Destiny at E3. A game made by people who made the biggest Xbox exclusive. Not very good news for Microsoft regardless of the fact that it's coming to Xbox One as well.
It's also published by Activision, they're going to push Destiny hard onto the PlayStation to avoid any unnecessary conflict with Call of Duty sales on the Xbox. you could already see this at both of the reveal events, PS4 gets exclusive content for Destiny, while Xbox gets exclusive content for Call of Duty.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I remember when Bungie was a Mac company, and only abandoned that platform because of obligations to Microsoft. Now they're working with a publisher that makes no such demands, and developing for x86-based consoles to boot, and they're only considering porting to any computer platform. What happened to you, Bungie? You used to be cool.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
The Rogue Wolf said:
rbstewart7263 said:
cikame said:
The crosshairs on Halo games (or at the very least Halo 2 and 3) are lowered from center. I remember someone conjecturing that this was to force players to look upwards and see more of the skyboxes that Bungie put so much effort into.
thats funny I never noticed.lol You should meme that including the conjecture.