Destiny On PC Will Have To Wait

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
They can hold off indefinitely. Saw a trailer. Looked one of those games that will show its age in 3 years when the new gen hits its stride. Think Perfect Dark Zero compared to the rest of the games of this generation.

Klonoa Prower

Jul 23, 2008
Have we started calling this Borderlands 3 yet? Because the premise and gameplay looks almost identical minus the witty charm.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Why do PC users usually get the shaft when it comes to newer games also on consoles?

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
rhizhim said:
WashAran said:
That still does not mean it is going to happen.
at least they are considering it.
thats more than a lot of publishers and developers even care to think about nowadays.
*cough* Rockstar *cough* Take-Two *cough*cough*

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Glaice said:
Why do PC users usually get the shaft when it comes to newer games also on consoles?
I wouldn't say PC users always get the shaft really since both consoles and PC sides have always had their ups and downs, it's been like that for years on both sides.

Only problem is one side wants everything while desiring the other side to get nada in return.

Desert Punk's logic would also point out that every game that's been made using a PC (including the ones for console's only) should be for PC too which just diminishes the use for a console since it's unique appeal is next to nothing thanks to how people here react to any console hardware.

I've seen PC own many exclusive a game that a console hasn't gotten and yet and PC is also getting Star Citizen which of course will be only for PC meaning Console users would gain nothing at all.

And even if the next gens are closer to PC's architecture that doesn't give everyone here the end all to be all decisions when it comes to something you want on your platform, if the devs want to take their time, let them take it, if they don't then they don't.

Hell I bought a Nintendo 3DS just for the new Pokemon and found myself buying the new Fire emblem and Animal Crossing because I bought into what was being offered not demanding that those games show up on PC even if they were made using one.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
This is my logic when it comes to PC games. If you want me to buy it at $59.99 on release week then you better have it come out on a simultaneous release week and work.

If you delay it to a later date my want for the game goes down drastically and I will only pick it up when I see it for under $10 on a steam, amazon, GMG, or GoG sale.

So to me developers can take their sweet time all they want, it only saves me money to spend on other games. :)

aelreth

Dec 26, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that a significant portion of sales happen in the first days of a games release. They are better off trying to lure in PC gamers at the same time as their XboxOne gamers.

If they wait too long consumer interest in the MMO would have dried up. So any delay in this release on other ports results in the loss of unseen sales.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
develop a game on PC. port it to console. Complain that they dont want to spread too think developing it on PC. have we really came to this?

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
Psychobabble said:
Great. So these idiots are wasting time developing for two outdated systems that weren't that hot in their prime, that are on their way to the junkyard, AND for the systems will be their replacements. Yeah that makes sense.
I think they're developing for the "outdated systems" for the main reason that most companies do anything: money. The 360 and PS3 have a HUGE install base. Both consoles are going to see continued support for several years. Not putting a AAA-expensive title on the old consoles would be crazy.

I play on PC about 98% of the time, but simple economics right now says the build order should be 360, PS3, PS4/XB1, and then finally the PC. If a company can pull off doing that all at once, that's great. But, I can't really muster any real anger at them not doing so.

OTOH, stuff like Red Dead Redemption never coming to PC totally sucks. And still no GTAV announcement ...

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
synobal said:
Whats destiny? Why even bother release for the PC if you're going to release late. You can claim it's all about getting the por done right etc etc but the truth is we all see through it. You don't want the PC to compete with the consoles and eat into your console sales figures. Certainly Microsoft and Sony don't them to. Bottom line is it is about cash.
I agree that it is about cash, but I am not entirely sure it is to stop competition.

I consider it to be more likely that they are working on the ones that will make them the most money first. The older consoles are going to make up a lot of their sales purely because most gamers already own at least one of them already. So they want to get the 360 and PS3 versions out quickly before people all transition over to the next generation.

After all, if they released the XBone, PS4 and PC versions, then delayed the older generation, by the time it came out they'd have lost a lot of potential sales due to people having moved onto the next gen.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I just wish for once, developers would be honest and say "Yeah, we don't want PC to get it until later because of our unsubstantiated fear of pirates" ...Maybe not verbatim.

Before, they used to age-old excuse of "welllll, we need to 'polish' the PC port up a bit more" but now there is literally NO excuse given the similarities between next-gen consoles and PC.