Destroy All Humans is Now Remastered and Available on PS4

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Destroy All Humans is Now Remastered and Available on PS4

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1359/1359736.jpgTHQ Nordic announces that Destroy All Humans has been remastered and released digitally on PS4.

Way back in the dark days of 2005, THQ released Destroy All Humans. It was a colorful, goofy game that cast players as Crypto, an alien (specifically, a Furon) that has come to Earth to rescue a captured Alien from the US Army. He's also hoping to harvest plenty of human DNA. The game was set in a farcical version of late 1950s America, and Crypto commences to anal probe his way through the populace. It was great fun, and now it's back.

THQ Nordic announced today that it has released a remastered version of Destroy All Humans on the PlayStation Store for $19.99. The company had previously acquired the rights to the franchise

Reinhard Pollice, Business and Product Development Director at THQ Nordic, said of the release,

"We're happy to finally answer fans' questions about what's next for the Destroy All Humans franchise. Remastering the original for PS4 somehow makes every bovine encounter and governmental mishap even funnier - Crypto is at his absolute best on PS4!"

Players will get to try out all of Crypto's arsenal, including his electrically-charged gun, the "Zap-O-Matic," and the "Anal Probe," among other weaponry. They'll also get to fly around in his super-cool flying saucer and tractor beam cows all over the place.

It's great to see Destroy All Humans coming back. The first game was really enjoyable, and hopefully this remaster will lead to a new game in the series, as THQ Nordic said back in June [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167616-Nordic-Games-Planning-to-Get-Started-on-Making-a-Destroy-All-Humans-Game] that they were "thinking about what to do" with the IP.

[gallery=6602]

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Whelp, I know what I'm doing tonight.

I loved this game as a teenager, and I could go for some nostalgia right now.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
SlumlordThanatos said:
Whelp, I know what I'm doing tonight.

I loved this game as a teenager, and I could go for some nostalgia right now.
and thanks to your avatar i imgined that in Dr. Orpheus voice

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
I never owned this but it was one of those I kinda wanted to play. Glad to see its back for current gen, maybe I finally will. :)

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
THIS IS NO GAME GENTLEMEN, THIS IS MANKIND'S DARKEST HOUR!!!

1 point to anyone who got that reference.
THE LACK OF REMORSE IS CHILLING!
That still remains one of ym favourite behind the scenes/promotional video for a video game.

OT: Seeing this makes me really upset and disappointed that EA still owns the Mercenaries IP. I would love to see the first game remastered.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Heh, I remember playing this game as a kid in a friend's house. He being the experienced one and I being the one who didn't even own a Gameboy, he would go around bursting people's heads and I would watch terrified.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I recall that the premise of the game came up when the developers had become aware of the original Xbox' demographics(making the game they were working on a poor fit with the Xbox) and one of the people said as a joke "Well, why don't we make a game where you're an alien out to destroy humanity" to which the producers said that they thought that was an excellent idea.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Probably close to one of the only regrets I'll have for sticking with Xbox.
I'm seriously considering buying an older generation console just for games like this. I got a Wii for $50 last year. Can't be much different for a PS2.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I had this game the very first day it came out so long ago, so you bet your ass I bought this remastered right up!