Detailed Description of two disparate things.

Aug 17, 2009
A medieval fantasy story centered around a large green man and his very useful four-legged companion going on a quest across a familiar, yet unique fantasy land, seeking a noble person trapped within a flaming ruin at the behest of a deep-voiced monarch who does not live to see the end of the story. The group is then split up for a time due to misinformation and deceit, only for the magic within the noble to be released after the fiery climactic battle. After this battle, the world continues to evolve, both off screen and in the sequels.

I just described both Shrek and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, if you played as an Orc.

It's really fun to do, and I encourage my fellow Escapists to try. You could even make a guessing game of it in this thread.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
a woman (with possible brain damage) wanders around a harsh environemnt, and though running around...shooting things, and talking ,manages to hold all the cards, and manipulates all the warring factions to her whim

she also locks all her freinds in a tower....they are not allowed outside unless called upon by her

Aug 17, 2009
Vault101 said:
a woman (with possible brain damage) wanders around a harsh environment, and though running around...shooting things, and talking ,manages to hold all the cards, and manipulates all the warring factions to her whim

she also locks all her friends in a tower....they are not allowed outside unless called upon by her

Fallout: New Vegas and... The story of Marie Antoinette? Or is it both of the Gamebryo Fallouts? Am I close?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Vault101 said:
a woman (with possible brain damage) wanders around a harsh environemnt, and though running around...shooting things, and talking ,manages to hold all the cards, and manipulates all the warring factions to her whim

she also locks all her freinds in a tower....they are not allowed outside unless called upon by her

Fallout: New Vegas and... The story of Marie Antoinette?
yes..fallout:NV...also thats in interesting connection there

but seriously...no one else finds it odd that all your freinds hang around in the tower just wating for you to take them with you..and when you dont they kind of sound dissapointed..

Aug 17, 2009
Vault101 said:
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Vault101 said:
a woman (with possible brain damage) wanders around a harsh environment, and though running around...shooting things, and talking ,manages to hold all the cards, and manipulates all the warring factions to her whim

she also locks all her friends in a tower....they are not allowed outside unless called upon by her

Fallout: New Vegas and... The story of Marie Antoinette?
yes..fallout:NV...also that's in interesting connection there

but seriously...no one else finds it odd that all your friends hang around in the tower just waiting for you to take them with you..and when you don't they kind of sound dissapointed..

Huh. For the life of me I can't think of another story like that...Unless it's Dragon Age. The party select screen looks kinda like a tower's dungeon, the characters get upset when you deselect them, and your character is the only one with no voice, which could be interpreted as brain damage.

EDIT: Or Mass Effect, if you go by the Indoctrination Theory and accept a loose definition of "Tower".