Deus Ex 3?

CorvusE

Sep 13, 2006
Deus Ex 3?

There's a rumor floating about that the brand new Eidos Montreal studio is working on Deus Ex 3 as their inaugural game.

The studio is comprised of 40 people, all eager to make up for the disaster that was Deus Ex 2. Eidos promises more details will be forthcoming.

Until we know more details, we can only speculate. Which Eidos head will control this beast? Will Deus Ex 3 turn out to be another watered-down experience in the name of mainstream appeal? Or will they rejuvenate the franchise like they have with Tombraider?

CorvusE

Sep 13, 2006
Given that Warren is off 'Woo'ing ninjas in Hollywood, I highly doubt he'll have anything to do with this...

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Maybe at least a mature attempt to erase the marks left by this absurd teenager character with an overabundance of hair gel, and return to roots. To PC roots.

Jerich0

Aug 11, 2009
i'm hoping it'll build on Invisible War, personally. yes yes, I'm aware that it didn't nearly match up to the sterling reputation of it's predecessor, but with the newer hardware available, most of the sequel's technical limitations can be overcome. all that needs doing is a really good story with better storytelling devices and you'll have a great game. i never played the first one, and i can say with complete honesty that i don't believe that Invisible War deserves all the bashing it has recieved, and that i am a fan... it was simply released before the hardware could hold it up. well that, and it had a terrible story. but if eidos built upon the ideas of Invisible War, i think they could have a blockbuster on their hands. just sayin.

Apr 28, 2008

But yeah, there's plenty of news on this game. Especially on here.

Search for "Deus Ex" and your sure to find stuff.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Orcus_35 said:
is there going to be Alexander Brandon in the musical part of the game? if not i will be sorely disappointed.
Did you mean to necro a 3 year old thread?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
CorvusE said:
Until we know more details, we can only speculate. Which Eidos head will control this beast? Will Deus Ex 3 turn out to be another watered-down experience in the name of mainstream appeal? Or will they rejuvenate the franchise like they have with Tombraider?
I predict that the game will WOW the console market (in a similar relationship that System Shock 2 and Bioshock share), and royally piss off the PC market.
Seeing how the game is essentially (from what it looks like so far) Bionic Commando, it's going to take a lot of convincing from Squeenix Eidos Montreal to get the PC gamers on board. Especially after the perceived failure that was The Invisible War*.

My personal prognosis will be: "Shiny, functional, but shallow with a hint of awesome."
Without a shred of irony, I will say that this is because of what market the game will be made to appeal to.

*I couldn't get the bloody thing to work on my computer due to console-transition retardation (and not due to having the improper hardware, as some were quick to accuse in the past). I later saw that the game had indeed been watered down considerably, but it was not all that bad.