Deus Ex Full-Length Mod Campaign Released

Creativename360

Oct 23, 2008
Yosharian said:
Creativename360 said:
Yosharian said:
So nobody knows if this is actually any good.
Yes, It's pretty good. It's wonky at times, but hey: free game.

Does anyone remember that unofficial Thief 2 Expansion? I'd like to try it again.
See the problem is I have kinda high standards, everyone said that TNM was hot shit but I couldn't stand more than a few minutes of that
TNM was a nice little distraction, but this is a bit better. Nihilum is a bit more serious, and has better writing and atmosphere in my opinion. The only thing I find wrong is that it won't work with my CD. But there is only way to find out if you'll like it. Also, might I recommend Deus Ex: Revision? It changes up the maps in the vanilla game, and makes it look a bit more like a real world would.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
CrossLOPER said:
WanderingFool said:
Well, now I have to purchase Dues Ex...
You can probably get the full package in the July sale for five or ten dollars. I am 98% sure that most of the mods work with the steam version. Keep in mind that the Steam version is probably a modified version of the GOTY version. Not really that important, but just realize that.

Also, it is always good to be reminded of the days when modding wasn't a criminal offense that deprived publishers and developers of their birthright to push out and sell 5 million copies of rehash annually.
Speaking of Steam, now that I got a actual job, I need to get some steam points so I can buy FTL also...

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Fun fact, I just finished playing Deus Ex again a couple days ago. It never uninstalled it. Although, I have it on an older desktop that I got in 04 and I haven't tested to see if it works on my new laptop, or if it suffers from Thief Syndrome and won't run, but hey!
Anyway, I can't say the graphics bother me. I mean, they're not great compared to today's effects, but graphics really aren't what make a game. That said, there are two things that do bother me about the game. First, fucking ladders. It's needlessly hard to climb and detach from them - to clarify, detach at the appropriate time and in a way that doesn't send you falling back down - sometimes. Second, the AI is legendarily thick. If an enemy sees you, you just have to go into another room and close the door and half the time he'll forget you were ever there. Fix those two problems, though, and I'll gladly describe Deus Ex as a perfect game.

Holythirteen

Mar 1, 2013
I think in this case "somebody" can be changed to "everybody".

A good time to buy it on Steam I guess, I haven't seen that CD in a while...

Any chance it's due to go on sale?