Deus Ex: The Fall Launches On July 11

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Okay, now show me the trailer with my hands all in front of the goddamned screen touching everything to make it do this.

Touchscreens are a great idea for gaming until you realize that your hand is opaque.

Also, I'm going to go start a new game in Deus Ex(2000) now, only way to get that disappointing sequel out of my head.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I'm amazed the "I didn't ask for this" meme has yet to rear its head in this thread.

Seriously, I'm not going to get excited for a game on iOS tablets.

Even if it has Deus Ex in the title.

Outline

Jun 22, 2013
When this game bombs, it will be seen as the fault of the Deus Ex series rather than iOS gaming as a concept. We will not, as a result, see an actual sequel to HR for the next decade.

Apr 5, 2008
I hate to rain on their parade, but this game has poor prospects. The problem Squeenix have here is that they're developing a game based on a "proper" video game for a mobile platform with touch controls. The audience/fans of Deus Ex aren't going to be excited by this, and to everyone else, this is just another App in the app store and not a cheap one at $7 a pop.

They've made a game targetted at an audience that doesn't exist for a platform few of the franchise's fans care to game on. Not having it available to android, the most popular smartphone platform is also a major oversight.