Deus Ex. What enhancement and why?

Kevin Maccaull

Jul 7, 2010
Ok so, with the release of Deus Ex. Human revolution, im wondering, would you enhance yourself, and if you would what would you get? Personally ive always felt weak, and for once id like to finally have the upper hand in a fight, or at least even the playing field. Yes you can have multiple enhancements, and it doesnt have to be big enhancements just small things work. So I guess my augs just to be specific is just the enhanced arms and legs might also get the sun-glasses for the cool factor, not the eyes though u never know when an EMP is gonna hit.

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
In before all the penis jokes (hopefully)

Occular enhancements and mental capacity neural enhancements. I've always had bad eyes, glasses all my life. I want to see beyond normal vision without needing glasses.

Aside from that, I'd get something to enhance my memory, another thing that I've always had trouble with. I couldn't tell you the birthdays, anniversary, or phone numbers of most of my relatives, or even what I had for dinner last Wednesday, let alone clear memories of a lot of childhood details. and it would be a great help with school.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I'd like the body enhancements that allow for increased strength.

The one in Human Revolution that judges personalities and releases pheromones would be pretty nice too.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
INVISIBILITY! Who needs strength when I can sneak around the guy and break his neck or stab him?

Also, by the end of Deus Ex you have pretty much every aug lol.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Augment my legs. Run faster, jump higher, have kickass metal legs. Kick people in the shin? Hell yeah I take that, well that or invisibility.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I wouldn't improve my reaction or thinking ability at all. If my brain can't handle it as is, I don't want it.

Basic things like a retinal HUD that will display where I left my fucking keys, wallet, the remote, ect. The landing system because I'm kinda sick of using stairs and elevators at the mall. Left arm so I can be truly ambidextrous, no crazy ass/awesome blade things though, if I need to cut something, I'll just use a knife.

OGRe915

Dec 4, 2010
Augment my arms to be super strong always love being a power house plus it would help at my job a lot of heavy lifting involved

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Probably the C.A.S.I.E enhancement, as well as the Icarus system.
I could imagine a great many situations where those augs would come in very useful.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I'd love to have a HUD, but keep it on the sunglasses, I like my eyes fine. Also this could be the answer to a lot of old injuries I have, fixing my back, knees, wrists and ankles. That, and I want the Typhoon. Bwahahahaha

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I'd be rocking out with my cybernetic co-

Raijha said:
In before all the penis jokes
Damnit! Seriously though, the guy who metioned invisibility/stealth camo/whatever it is was basically on the money for me. Haven't actually got HR yet, but I wouldn't want any external body parts replaced with robot arms, legs whatever and I'd like if possible any augmentations to be done purely internally. But yeah, not being able to be seen would serve me very well.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Assuming that there are no addictive side effects?

I'd go for stealth cloak, at least.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Cloaking seems useless given that it only lasts for 7 seconds max (unless you have more energy cells), that and the fact that it works by bending visible light around you and unless I'm completely insane, that means you wouldn't be able to see anything, as no light is reaching your eyes.

So I think I'd actually go with the icarus landing system. Being able to fall from a limitless distance is awesome.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
I play my character like an assassin. Hacks/social enhancements/cloak and batteries are my priority.

Now if only I could get specialized 'male' augments often advertised in-game....

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Increased running speed and upper arm strength- for augmented parkour.
Then, of course I'd also need more batteries for greater stamina and an Icarus system for when I fuck up.

Mogget128723

Feb 9, 2010
If I had to pick one, it would be the CASIE aug; the personality analysis system. If I could have more than one, then I'd have... well, all of them.

Deathlord665

Nov 23, 2009
Increased speed and strength augmentations, Icarus landing thing and hacking just for the hell of it