Dhani Harrison: 'The Beatles: Rock Band Is Going to Blow People's Minds'

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
No, I didn't intend it that way.
perhaps you read it that way because you think everything is about you?
in that case I'd have to turn around and confirm that yes I do think you are a narcissist. but it's not a hostile remark, it's a logical conclusion
Please explain to me how this is trying to bring it back on topic. That could have easily been done by ignoring me and asking questions about the game. Nevermind that my original post was in response to your definitely not on topic remark that we should all learn from the communal spirit of the 60s, and my remark was a somewhat cynical response. When I was called a narcissist, I responded.

Oh wait, I'm sorry.

TROLL TROLL TROLL ME ME TROLL

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
cobrausn said:
300lb. Samoan said:
No, I didn't intend it that way.
perhaps you read it that way because you think everything is about you?
in that case I'd have to turn around and confirm that yes I do think you are a narcissist. but it's not a hostile remark, it's a logical conclusion
Please explain to me how this is trying to bring it back on topic. That could have easily been done by ignoring me and asking questions about the game. Nevermind that my original post was in response to your definitely not on topic remark that we should all learn from the communal spirit of the 60s, and my remark was a somewhat cynical response. When I was called a narcissist, I responded.

Oh wait, I'm sorry.

TROLL TROLL TROLL ME ME TROLL
Do you even have an opinion about the game?

Spleenbag

Dec 16, 2007
Alright, Samoan and Cobra, please take it outside.

As far as I can see, the main problem is that people will see this as just another rhythm game; it'll get lost in the shuffle since God knows how many of those come out each year with the same title of "Guitar Hero [band name or integerhere]" or "Rock Band [integer]".

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Dhani Harrison: 'The Beatles: Rock Band Is Going to Blow...
That's all I saw when I clicked the title in the "latest threads" column... I was slightly confused...

I don't think the 60's were irrelevant, I think there's a lot we could learn from the communal spirit of the time. Although the summer of love attitude it pretty far removed from those of us hooked on gory video games, I suppose.
This (execept for the top bit, I just tought it was funny).

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
Spleenbag said:
As far as I can see, the main problem is that people will see this as just another rhythm game; it'll get lost in the shuffle since God knows how many of those come out each year with the same title of "Guitar Hero [band name or integerhere]" or "Rock Band [integer]".
Pretty much. It essentially hits a demographic that hasn't been hit yet, but it will likely bring nothing new to the table. Good for people who like other Rhythm games and like the Beatles. Irrelevant to everyone else, much like Guitar Hero : Metallica was essentially not worth it to non-Metallica fans (from what I could tell, the game was 90% Metallica).

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
harhol said:
Hopefully they include all the masturbatory meditative songs and leave out all the obvious picks. Only then will minds be blown. I can't imagine too many brains exploding when Yellow Submarine appears.

And the Beatles are largely irrelevant. I doubt Mastodon or Lil Wayne are planning to namecheck them any time soon.
"

masturbatory meditative songs? wich songs would they be exactly? i dont see how any of there songs are masturbatory. yeh some are meditative like maybe blue jay way wich ill admit is one of my favorets i hardly listen to it but i cant see how its masturabatory. I would agree nobodys mind would be blow when they hear yellow submarine but im sure people would lik to play it. and they did go with non-obvious picks, octopuss' garden isn't i would't say back in the U.S.S.R. is obvious

and no the beatles arn't irrleivant. to call anyband irrelivant is ignorant. in some way any given band is relivant to someone or something, the beatles are irrelivant because yes maybe they didn't directly influence bands like mastodon but there revolutions through the musical industry have influenced almost any give artist/band out there. even rap. the beatles were the first to use reverberation ona record and used a lot of inventive sounds and noises that no one had yet, those sounds and noises were taken by other artists and pushed farther and farther and now you have the noises and synthisizers you have today. most rap music acutually takes no talent you make a few beats and noises on a computer make a few words that rhyme and there you go thousands of dollars. no instruments you need to have telent to play and singing invloved (thats not to say there arn't rap artists out there that are talented but most dont use any talent what so ever) and bands like mastodon and hell even mettalica? listen to ehlter skelter and tell me how those influences couldnt have grown into the rock we have today.
the beatls are relivant and if it weren't for them we wouldnt have the music we have today. the revolutionized the music and while it might not have been directly the have influenced or paved the way for any given band in the music industry today.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
I may not particularly like the beetles music (nothing special in my book) i respect the fact that they paved the way for modern rock/metal but that`s not enough to convince me to buy this game i`m quite happy with GH:M thanks

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
songs im waiting for-

yesterday
a day in the life
sgt.peppers lonley hearts club band (intro but perferably reprise, both if were lucky)
everybody's got something to hid except me and my monkey
strawberry feilds
helter skelter (of course)
happiness is a warm gun
dear prudance
golden slumbers
get back (or dont let me down either would saytisfy)
hey jude (idk how they'd do it without a piano perrifial but still fingers crossed lol)
something
hello goodybye
help
do you want to hear a secret
ill follow the sun
revolution
i'm a loser
you've got to hide you're love away
she loves you
a hard days night
and...and...well damn there's to many to name, but like they said they're trying to get all the songs on DLC so hopefully they won't be to expensive lol

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
timmytom1 said:
I may not particularly like the beetles music (nothing special in my book) i respect the fact that they paved the way for modern rock/metal but that`s not enough to convince me to buy this game i`m quite happy with GH:M thanks
that's fine im not against people not enjoying there music or not wanting the game or anything and it doesn't matter if i was it's your choice and you're decion idc it just irks me when people say they're irrelivant or unimportant or say offensive things because thats like a kid saying to they're parents "you have nothing to do with me being here" wether you like your parents or not you need them for you to exsist its fact and thats how i see the bealtes. you needed them for the music we have now to exsist so it just aggrivates me to see people being ignorant you know? idc if you dont like them, its just disrespecting what they did for music is a silly thing.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
xplay3r said:
timmytom1 said:
that's fine im not against people not enjoying there music or not wanting the game or anything and it doesn't matter if i was it's your choice and you're decion idc it just irks me when people say they're irrelivant or unimportant or say offensive things because thats like a kid saying to they're parents "you have nothing to do with me being here" wether you like your parents or not you need them for you to exsist its fact and thats how i see the bealtes. you needed them for the music we have now to exsist so it just aggrivates me to see people being ignorant you know? idc if you dont like them, its just disrespecting what they did for music is a silly thing.
Yeah i can see where you`re coming from

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
timmytom1 said:
xplay3r said:
timmytom1 said:
Yeah i can see where you`re coming from
thank you and just so its clear, my original post and that post is not to flame or piss anyone off.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
I have no doubt that fans of The Beatles will enjoy TB:RB but what about those of us -- myself included -- who see The Beatles as an important part of rock history, but also an archaic relic of a now-irrelevant past?
That's a fair call, but I've personally always found the work of the Beatles still strangely modern. The first time I listened to Sgt. Peppers, the only thing that betrayed it as an album from the 60's was its sound quality.

But in saying that, I won't buy the game, and I can't really see how it would be "revolutionary". But we'll see.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
yeh i agree with them sounding stragley modern i mean listen to lady madonna does it sound like that song actually came out in the 60's? and helter skelter doesnt to me either.

and i agree i dont think it will be revolutionary unless it comes with a virtual reality set that makes you feel like your on stage so realistic you can smell georges sweat then its not guna be revolutionary but im going to buy it cuz i dont own rockband yet and i want to so might as well start with one of my favorite bands

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
harhol said:
xplay3r said:
most rap music acutually takes no talent you make a few beats and noises on a computer make a few words that rhyme and there you go thousands of dollars.
This automatically invalidates any argument you might have had.

You're also confusing influence with relevance.

By "masturbatory meditative songs" I mean shit like Within You Without You.
how does that invalidate any aurgument i might have had? if it takes talent then how could it be that two years ago my kids in the 9th grade class i was in made an entire rap song using no instruments but simply playing with beats that were preset in a computer then went back to there seats wrote lyrics and came back to sing them? i have no trouble with a rap song if it takes talent or has something to say but almost every rap song i've heard is either about how much drugs and money they have or how many girls and cars they have. not to mention that there rymting talent isnt a valid talent because half the time they make up words or twist words so they rhyme. if a tehnth grade class can come up with a song in less than five minutes and the lyrics in less than ten how does that take talent?

how am i confusing the two? if you've influenced modern musicains then you're relivant to modern culture. relivance is being important to or having something to do with something. they are both important and have something to do with modern music because without them we wouldn't have them. how is that not relivant?

and ill agree within you and without you is a "meditative song" i don't see how it's masturbatory but to be fair i've never actually listened to the lyrics becuase that song isn't a favorite. so it could be masturbatory, i don't know you could be right.