Diablo 3 Beta Key Give Away

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I can't figure out how to get Facebook to not be encrypted. Already changed settings in account settings and I've got no add-ons that force encryption, so I have no idea why it won't let me do the Facebook one too.

EDIT: Nevermind, just used a different browser that allowed HTTP, we're good.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
Triaed said:
Shadowsetzer said:
Triaed said:
Participating in this contest requires me to deactivate secure browsing in Facebook and unencrypt my personal data. Why the Escapist chooses Facebook interaction is beyond me.

Thanks but no thanks
Actually, you can enter without even having a Facebook account.... read the article again.
I stand corrected. Thank you
You can actually participate directly from the Escapist, I saw the invitation through FB first and that was the only way to participate with the links provided there. Although I was wrong, more clarity can be provided. It is also bad if, in fact, they reserve more keys to be given away in a social site than here as Bakan mentioned
It's probably for marketing purposes, to bring more people to the site or get more users on Facebook to advertise the site. Which is reasonable.

OT: I don't know if I should bother entering since my laptop is a piece of sh*t.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I submitted for both on the site and on Facebook.

I wish you all of you who signed up for this good luck.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Allow me to say this right now. If you do not know the answer to a question, just open a tab and look it up, don't give up on your chance to get a beta key because it's not the right thing to do.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Imo questions should've been a bit more like the currency one, that requires actual knowledge and is a bit more demanding than typing in Google two words...

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Just submitted cause I missed out on the PubClub give away. Good luck to all.

ThyNameIsMud said:
It's not exactly on topic, but I was looking at your avatar while listening to "You Shook Me All Night Long" by ACDC and it fit perfectly.

SmileyBat

Jun 14, 2010
Did the little quiz. Coming off nearly a decade of diablo II it wasn't hard. Was expecting something more involved when it said 'lore' and probably would have done well. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Nightfall87

Nov 30, 2011
Great contest. It's good that winners are chosen in random way. And not to the ones who were quickest to answer the questions.

Quite easy questions though. IMHO at least. 15 years of playing Diablo 1 & 2 probably helped a lot. :)

Moogle Stiltzkin

Mar 3, 2012
The facebook page isn't allowing HTTPS browsing, why not ?

Please allow HTTPS o_O; because it's a legitimate security concern.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Never played any of the diablo games and i got the answers from google easily, i'll feel pretty bad if i win a key over a hardcore fan.

BlackSaint09

Dec 9, 2010
I havent played Diablo 2 in ages. And i never really enjoyed playin g with others as much as i did solo.
Crud.

Simeon Hafner

Jul 17, 2011
It's a relief to see that the development of Diablo 3 is steadily moving forward.

The questions were a bit challenging bot not too hard but too few in my opinion.
The question about the rune is common knowledge and can be reread from every wiki if needed.
The question about the popular trade item was a tough nut because I rarely traded online with other players. I just farmed until I got the item I was looking for the natural way. I had to guess some times before I got it right.
The question about the combo class was easy for me because it was my favourite class :)
The modifier of the unrepairable items was too easy. You will find such items in about less then a half an hour of gameplay.

I would have appreciated more of them.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
The question I had trouble with was the rune one, I didn't want to give up and look it up so I loaded up a Diablo II character and guessed all of the runes I had until I got it. The Facebook one was ridiculously easy.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I can't use the Facebook app, because I have enabled Safe Browsing on Facebook, and your app does not support HTTPS... :'(