Diablo 3 "Feels Even Better" With a Controller

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
call me wierd but i cant for thel ife of me understand how ANYTHING can feel better with controller VS mouse and keyboard. Well MAYBE some racing games.

Nothing is actually lost in porting it so nothing is added.
Actually there is something lost: good gameplay design.

DexterNorgam

Jul 16, 2011
Strazdas said:
call me wierd but i cant for thel ife of me understand how ANYTHING can feel better with controller VS mouse and keyboard. Well MAYBE some racing games.
Heh, what are you talking about? Keyboard and mouse is really only superior in RTSs, FPSs, and simulations (mech/flight/submarine ect... complexity beyond what a controller is meant for.)

Try playing a fighter with mouse and keyboard, or a platformer. Both of those feel much better with a controller.

adamtm

Aug 22, 2010
And nothing of value was lost, Torchlight already beat Blizzard at their own game. Now we will also have Path Of Exile which is essentially what Diablo 3 should have been from the beginning anyways.

Dual-wielding wands FTW

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Hammeroj said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
Hammeroj said:
Idocreating said:
Hammeroj said:
C) You lose the amount of skills you can quickly access.
Diablo 3 is designed so that you can only access 5 skills at any one time.
Wrong. Six. And even then, the fastest way to access skills on a controller only allows 4. And it's slower than it is on PCs.
o.0? wot ...
try 6 easy to use buttons at any given time, so in just using the 4 face buttons and both shoulder buttons your golden far as skills go, assuming there's a normal non skill, one skill can easily be moved to a trigger button

with quick slot items stuffed on the D pad and those near useless buttons under the sticks

see? not even out yet and i have a set up

though ironically, still not getting it
(just providing a scheme for those that are, and wondering how it'd work)
That's just as counter intuitive as having 4 spell slots for the 1-2-3-4 buttons, and 2 more for the side buttons on the mouse. And that's extremely counter intuitive, considering the buttons are in a completely different arrangement and position.

You're getting too hung up on the number part. That's the purpose I also wrote "quickly". Guessing through your spells because the selection is counter intuitive is not quick in any sense of the word.
one would assume that you know what is mapped where if your setting up the controls so which ever is 'quicker' is kinda moot as its more a memory issue then.