Diablo III Box Art Revealed? Maybe Not

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
My Fanboy Eyes immediately told me that it was a fake.

This evening, I shall sleep like a child.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Guy makes fake box art, gets a headline on popular gaming site...

*Goes to make fake box art!*

Aesmodan

Mar 29, 2011
I've read nebulous newsbits about an internal Diablo III alpha that's currently going on, and one is currently able to upload a system profile as an application for beta testing on Battle.net that includes Diablo III, so hopefully the beta is not far off...

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Zayren said:
Greg Tito said:
A quick check reveals that the image of firey Diablo isn't even supposed to be depicting him, but is rather a fan's interpretation of Sargeras, leader of the Burning Legion in Blizzard's other franchise.
Pfft, I don't remember no Sargeras in Starcraft!
I see what you did there :D

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for teaching me a new word Greg T ^_^ i will try to work it into my vocab more.

Probably would have been better had i learned this word when i was working with a bunch of Italian Grad Students XD

Valkaris

Jun 8, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
That's a cool fan art depiction of Sargeras. I always pictured him more like Kil'Jaeden in my head.
The reason Sargeras looks nothing like Kil'Jaden and Archimonde is that the latter two demon lords are Eradar, the race which the Draenei are part of. Sargeras is a titan, one of the extremely powerful beings who created Azaroth. The Eradar are just hirelings.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I find it incredibly depressing to have noticed that that was Sargeras before he mentioned it...

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Diablo III Box Art Revealed? Maybe Not

A Polish retailer posted an image today with what may or may not be the box art for Blizzard's action RPG Diablo III.

We've definitely seen our share of fake box art around the videogame biz, and a highly anticipated game like Diablo III is sure to pique the interest of someone savvy enough with PhotoShop to produce something palatable. The image below comes from a website called gram.pl [http://www.gram.pl/sklep/pc/diablo-iii] and features everyone's favorite demon screaming and brandishing his flaming fist. At first glance, the image looks legit and could conceivably pass muster in Blizzard's art department. Even the disclaimer - in English on a Polish website, mind you - stating that an internet connection is necessary for play even offline, much like Battle.net's functionality with Blizzard's latest title StarCraft II.
Sorry to disappoint you.... but my favourite demon is Satan himself, David Grohl.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3v5wnmWno1qzh5ano1_500.jpg

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
Valkaris said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
That's a cool fan art depiction of Sargeras. I always pictured him more like Kil'Jaeden in my head.
The reason Sargeras looks nothing like Kil'Jaden and Archimonde is that the latter two demon lords are Eradar, the race which the Draenei are part of. Sargeras is a titan, one of the extremely powerful beings who created Azaroth. The Eradar are just hirelings.
nitpick: Eredar and Draenei aren't the same race, the same way the Broken Ones and the Draenei aren't the same.
They started at the uncorrupted Eredar race and evolved differently.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061101060731/wowwiki/images/thumb/c/c9/Draenai.jpg/614px-Draenai.jpg