Diablo III Console Version Makes it Easier to Get Loot

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Diablo III Console Version Makes it Easier to Get Loot

Crafted items will tailor their stats more to the class that crafted them, and class items will be more likely to drop for the class you are playing.

Recently, a group of select Diablo III fansites, including Diablo Fans [http://www.diablofans.com/news/1873-exclusive-fansite-console-info-from-blizzard-hq/], were invited to Blizzard's headquarters to check out the soon-to-be-released console version of Diablo III. They discovered lots of interesting information about itemization in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, in particular, you are much more likely to get gear that you can actually use, and drop rates seem to be considerably higher across the whole board.

Two of the most important changes are that crafted items will tailor their stats more to the class that has crafted them, and class items will be more likely to drop for the class you are playing. White and blue items will also drop considerably less, vendors are much more likely to sell Rare gear, and Artisan upgrades cost less gold. Drop rates for legendary items also seem to be substantially increased; the 5-6 fansite attendees at Blizzard HQ managed to find a total of 3-4 items Legendary items on Act 1 Nightmare in one hour.

It was also revealed that initially, the Console version was also supposed to be online-only, but Blizzard's research showed a huge part of the Console population didn't have an Internet connection. Perhaps Blizzard should have shared that research with Microsoft before it shot itself in the foot? Blizzard says that while there are anti-dupe mechanisms in place, it knows they'll eventually be overcome, just like in Diablo II.

As for the co-op mode, you can play on a single screen or online with up to 3 other players and also do a combination of both.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Diablo III will be released on September 3rd [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124680-Diablo-III-Hits-Consoles-in-September].

Source: Diablo Fans [http://www.diablofans.com/news/1873-exclusive-fansite-console-info-from-blizzard-hq/]

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
With the absence of oppressive, always-online DRM and the presence of 4-player split screen co-op, this actually looks like it's gonna be pretty good fun, especially with friends. Looking forward to it.

Stormtyrant

Nov 5, 2011
Could they possibly transfer useful loot drops to the PC version as well? It'd make it a bit more fun to play if I got rewards like that.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Good thing PC players beta-tested the game to perfection. and were dumb enough to pay for it.
Hm, I think PS4 version will be better choice than PS3 or 360, we'll see.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I feel legitimately remorseful for the PC players.
This is the game they should have gotten from the start.

Still, looking forward to playing Diablo on my console again.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I bought the PC version at launch. I didn't play the living hell out of it, so I guess I never really noticed the problems a lot had with it. Seeing as my reclaimed account has a bunch of gold and equipment I don't feel like taking advantage of, maybe I'll give this version a shot.

Vivid Kazumi

Jan 7, 2012
Lord_Gremlin said:
Good thing PC players beta-tested the game to perfection. and were dumb enough to pay for it.
Hm, I think PS4 version will be better choice than PS3 or 360, we'll see.
diablo 3 wasn't that high end to begin with.i doubt the graphics will be that different when it comes to next vs last gen.
captcha:snoop lion. *cringes*

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Honestly Diablo 3 isn't that bad now with all the recent patches that Blizzard has released. Drop rates still leave something to be desired and sadly the AH is still in place, but the game is much better now. I just hate the people who played it for over 50 hours and then cry it was a bad game.

Think I might go re-roll as a Monk now.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
"..are that crafted items tailor will their stats more..."

that's "will tailor their stats more" right?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Stormtyrant said:
Could they possibly transfer useful loot drops to the PC version as well? It'd make it a bit more fun to play if I got rewards like that.
Not gonna happen. You also cannot play online together with PC and consoles. It's 2 completely separate worlds (and games).

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
I bought it for pc a few months ago when it was on sale for $40 off the blizz store. Don't buy this game. The story is very lackluster and the end game is purely a grind for gear so you can grind for gear.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Steven Bogos said:
It was also revealed that initially, the Console version was also supposed to be online-only, but Blizzard's research showed a huge part of the Console population didn't have an Internet connection. Maybe it should have shared that research with Microsoft before it shot itself in the foot?
Nice little jab at MS. That aside I'm rather mixed on Diablo III. I was going to get it on PC when it came out until I heard about the online aspect. Then the lack of a skill tree put me off. While it's not much to complain about I did enjoy how in previous games you could build your character up in certain ways. From what I read about DIII it's pretty streamlined; you level and more HP/MP, and then a new skill at certain points. Not much in the way of choices other than what skills to use. Maybe there's more, but I like more choices. I'll give it a try, I know my friends will pick it up and I'll perhaps borrow it.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
So, consoles get the actual game, while PC gets stuck with the crippled drop rates that serve to push people into using the Auction House? AND they get an offline mode as well?

You know, I skipped D3, because I intensely disliked their business model and the effect it had on the game's mechanics. However, if they were to provide the PC version with these features, I'd buy it. Like, say, being able to create offline-only characters that would get the improved drop rates, but couldn't use the AH. You know, like a normal game instead of this monetized drivel...

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
No wonder they gave me D3 on PC for free, I was just beta testing for the real release :(

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
As I watched the shit show that was D3 launch on PC, I thought I wasn't going to play the final installment of the Diablo franchise. It seems I might be wrong.

The only other thing I can say about this whole fiasco is that at least I'll get to play 2 out of 3 Diablo games on a console.

Stormtyrant

Nov 5, 2011
4RM3D said:
Stormtyrant said:
Not gonna happen. You also cannot play online together with PC and consoles. It's 2 completely separate worlds (and games).
I'm not too concerned with inter-console online play really, it'd just be nice to see this implemented. Ah well.