Diablo III Has Sold 14 Million Copies

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
As with any MMO, sales numbers don't tell the whole story. The success of an MMO depends upon the number of active players who support the game. I'd like to see those current numbers against other games.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
I didn't buy it because of the DRM, RMAH bullshit as well as the high pricetag, and I've never regretted it. Even when several of my friends bought it and wanted me to join them, I didn't relent because I simply could not see enough value for money in it.

It turns out I was right in more ways than one. My friends started complaining about not being able to log in due to server issues, and when they actually did get in there was latency problems to contend with. Then, when they finally got in and played through the campaign, they quickly got tired of it right afterwards due to the drop system and weird difficulty curve.
Then finally, to top it all off, I bought Torchlight 2 on a steam sale (an allegedly much better game than D3) and played that for maybe 3 hours before I realized that this genre didn't do anything for me anymore.

It would take a lot for me to care about D3 at this point. Not only would the RMAH have to dissapear (which it is), but the online component would have to disintegrate as well. Then, and only then, would I even consider picking the game up at a heavy discount.

I've watched my friends play both D3 and Path of Exile and, while I'm no expert, it seems to me that PoE is more diablo than D3 ever was.