Diablo III not in 2010

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
I just read that we have to wait till 2011 to play Diablo 3. It better be the best game in the world. I read it on several danish websites, but i also found this:

Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime told BlizzCon Live hosts Geoff Keighley and Kat Hunter in an interview that he doesn't expect Diablo III to arrive by next year.

You can read about it here:
http://cinemablend.com/games/BlizzCon-2009-Diablo-3-Coming-In-2011-Or-Later-World-Of-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Due-Next-Year-19415.html

http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5001677

Thunderpants

Jul 19, 2009
I attended Blizzcon myself and they mentioned SC2 for 2010 and said that they would be hearing complaints of goblin rogues next Blizzcon. Meaning that Cataclysm might be released in 2010 as well. I am thinking they may have used Diablos' art team for Cataclysm like they did with SC2 team for Sunwell.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Lame.

That is all.

Thunderpants said:
I attended Blizzcon myself and they mentioned SC2 for 2010 and said that they would be hearing complaints of goblin rogues next Blizzcon. Meaning that Cataclysm might be released in 2010 as well. I am thinking they may have used Diablos' art team for Cataclysm like they did with SC2 team for Sunwell.
I think the art team is the same for every project, but they alter projects from time to time.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Seriously i dont get it. Everyone hates Valve for making a new game right after the first, but they dont hate blizzard for making a new Expansion right after Wotlk.

They should focus more on D3 then Cataclysm..

Thunderpants

Jul 19, 2009
Kris015 said:
Seriously i dont get it. Everyone hates Valve for making a new game right after the first, but they dont hate blizzard for making a new Expansion right after Wotlk.

Cataclysm is part of their biggest franchise. It wouldn't make as much sense for them to finish D3 before Cataclysm. Though I wish they would, it simply wouldn't happen.

sentrosi

Feb 22, 2009
2011 is hopeful. remember we're dealing with Blizzard here, they dont exactly stick to release dates. Nor do they need to, ever since WoW has brought them in millions of dollars a month they can take their time with what ever they want.

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
I don't understand why it takes so long for them to make games. I know they add extra levels of polish to everything they do...but they make obscene amounts of money every month from WoW. Surely they could use some of that money to double...or triple the size of their development teams and in turn the speed of development would increase.

Is that too much to ask for?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Kris015 said:

It's because they announce it and then make us wait. If they just kept it quiet till its almost done then hype it, nothing to complain. But they hype it and then go "ahh wait another year".
Thought you were going to say "Everyone hates Valve for making games right away, then hate Blizzard for making games really late. Sorry I'm insanely tierd.

Here's a lame reply:
Different crowds are the Blizzard and Valve fans, and they expect different things from the developers.
Valve couldn't make a subscription game without a boycott because fans are used to extra stuff free.

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
DRADIS C0ntact said:
I don't understand why it takes so long for them to make games. I know they add extra levels of polish to everything they do...but they make obscene amounts of money every month from WoW. Surely they could use some of that money to double...or triple the size of their development teams and in turn the speed of development would increase.

Is that too much to ask for?
You can triple the amount of people, but that could only work against them creatively. You have to reach a certain concensus about a lot of stuff in the game and Blizzard are never a team that delivers half assed stuff. They always make sure their games are top-notch and they can take however long they think they need as long as they eventually deliver.