Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012

Like many of you, I was not among the chosen few to receive a Diablo III beta key. Nevertheless, I held out hope that by some miracle I would get access to the beta and play the game for myself instead of watching hours of gameplay videos on Youtube. Rejoice, friends! Blizzard has announced it will be opening up the beta to everybody with a battle.net account this weekend, and this weekend only. The client is available for download now on battle.net, and the beta opens Friday, April 20, at noon, Pacific Daylight Time and ends Monday, April 23, at 10:00 a.m.

If you are able to pull yourself away from combating the forces of the Burning Hells for a few minutes, feel free to discuss your experiences and opinions on how the game is here. As for me, my Monk awaits!

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Very cool. I will definitely give this a look when I have the time. I kind of what to see what all the fuss is about, having never played a Diablo game before. :p

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
well i was one of the lucky one that has a beta key so i've already played it. now i just need to wait for the official release date so i can play more then the short demo stuff this beta is

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Call me when the Path of Exile beta opens up again. Fuck Diablo.
yes! fight the power! fuck the systm!

although there were thease really coool Diablo mousepads at the store....well its not the same as buy the game and suporting their methods......is it?

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Drop $10 to support them and you can play PoE as much as you like right now. I know I am.

Doesn't make me any less stoked for D3, I'm taking a week of work for the release and this weekend will give me a chance to try out the classes.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
endtherapture said:
Why are all the Betas happening when I have exams to revise for? :(
well I'm glad they decide on now since campaign is over so i'm free for a few months then back i go. gotta love seasonal work

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Just a heads up guys been playing the beta alot and there gonna under alot of stress this weekend. You may find all is well and no lag or anything, but EU guys are gonna be pileing into the us servers to this weekend.

Hopefully all will be good though :).

If your new to it, give the barbarian ago the first zombie you send flying across the screen through barrels leaving a bloody smear along its path will make you feel like a bad ass :p

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
You should give it a go dude its free anyway =), what is it you dislike about diablo so much just curious

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Rastien said:
You should give it a go dude its free anyway =), what is it you dislike about diablo so much just curious
I cant stand the interface and they made a lot of changes I dislike. I dont know why Blizzard are doing it but they seem to be hell bent on redesigning the game to suit consoles first and PC second.
Thats a fair shout, i could easily see this version of diablo being quite easily played on a control pad. I had similar concerns but upon playing the beta i still had alot of fun might be worth a go you might be pleasently surprised :).

But each to his own and i know where your coming from.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Rastien said:
I cant stand the interface and they made a lot of changes I dislike. I dont know why Blizzard are doing it but they seem to be hell bent on redesigning the game to suit consoles first and PC second.
How so, the difference between consoles and Computers is about mouse and keyboard controls VS game pad controls. Not, as is popularly put, dumbing down of systems. Console games can be complex and PC games can be simple. None of the changes made speak of re-designing the game to be played with a game pad. Which would be things like auto targeting, because game pads do not have the capabilities of mice.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
The game no longer makes full use of the mouse and keyboard control scheme which is undoubtedly superior for games like Diablo.

Really? That's news to me. Can you give some examples on how it used to but has changed to not do so any more?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Crap, abit short notice for me.

Ok sure I can still download it but I don't see the point for me to get it seeing how I will buy the game anyway (obligated for my mate otherwise he will nag me to no end).
I mean sure I get an early access but once it's over I will install it and wait for the game to be out which is only a few weeks away. I can wait for a few more weeks.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
The game no longer makes full use of the mouse and keyboard control scheme which is undoubtedly superior for games like Diablo.
What is full use of the mouse? You use the mouse exactly as you could in D2. I don't understand what you're saying.