Diablo III Review - Looting From Your Couch

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
StriderShinryu said:
Brother-Link said:
Latinidiot said:
Nice, I might pick this up. Does it have local Multiplayer?
Yes, My roommates and I have been playin' co-op on the couch since the game came out and we've been having a blast. The game supports any combo of local and online co-op in one game.
And this is why I will likely be picking up the console version of the game at some point. It's sad to hear the dodge move doesn't really do what it seems it should, but I'm guessing that may have taken a more drastic change to how the game itself works on a deeper level.
The dodge move works fine, in my experience. You can't just spam dodge to avoid damage (which is good) rather you have to time your dodge to the incoming attack - so to go with the example given in the review re ranged fire, dodging when the projectile is 20 yards away will do nothing but waiting until the projectile is 2 yards away results in a successful dodge. Think of it like the counters in Assassins's Creed - too early and you get hit, too late and you get hit, but timed right you take no damage.

OT - Having great fun with this at the moment playing through as a Demon Hunter, and the lack of the Auction House makes the dungeon-crawls much more like the Diablos I remember. Glad I held off from getting the PC release, and three of my mates who did get the PC version are - after playing my 360 version - switching to the console version come pay-day.
Thanks for that clarification. I actually find myself even more interested now. :)

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
So they completely redid the loot system for consoles but PC has to wait until around the time of the expansion to get a loot system that isn't complete garbage? Sigh. I really wish I had just skipped the PC version completely and just waited for the console port. I knew they would be making a console port. They way the controls were laid out was perfectly suited for a controller. What I didn't expect was for the console version to be the superior version

Ichigo

Nov 13, 2012
The PC Version is a desaster with the worst story ever told. I wonder if the guys behind it ever played the other two games. If you never heared of Diablo before i guess you could enjoy this otherwhise not. On top of that is the game actually really boring. I loved the first one though.

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
Does everyone feel like this game is worth $60.00?

It feels like Champions of Norrath from the PS2, but deeper combat options, looting etc. I mean...I plays like many games in that genre, but for some reason it works.
Is there enough of a game to justify the price, or would it have gone over better if it was a downloadable title for around 30 bucks?

I enjoyed the demo, but I can't shell out 50-60 bucks on this game.