Diablo info needed!!!!

starocean13

May 20, 2009
Alright so I just got my own copy of Diablo II not to long ago and I love the story, but the graphics are just killing me. Im kind of a artsie gamer, in that normally I can live with lack-luster graphics in exchange for great gameplay and amzing storytelling. Although all of it is even better but thats a differnt post all together. This is just really bugging me and yes I do understand that it's an older game. My point is that I was woundering if anyone out there had the latest news on Diablo III whether its the last class or even better at least a shot at the release date, please?

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
starocean13 said:
Alright so I just got my own copy of Diablo II not to long ago and I love the story, but the graphics are just killing me. Im kind of a artsie gamer, in that normally I can live with lack-luster graphics in exchange for great gameplay and amzing storytelling. Although all of it is even better but thats a differnt post all together. This is just really bugging me and yes I do understand that it's an older game. My point is that I was woundering if anyone out there had the latest news on Diablo III whether its the last class or even better at least a shot at the release date, please?
Blizzard never gives release dates, they never did and probably never will, it stops the "omg you said you'd be releasing it today and you decide to take another 2 weeks to bug fix! wtf?!"

That being said, it should be soon-ish (not sure about 2010, maybe early 2011) it's been in developpement for a while.

Oh and btw , if you have lord of destruction for Diablo 2, you can push the graphics all the way up to 800x600!...ok so it's not crysis but still much better than 640x480 :p

mayhar

Jul 15, 2009
In regards to your Diablo 2 problem (not Diablo 3 info), there is a mod out there that ups the graphics to nice and shiny of a few years ago quality, it looks much better than before using its higher resolutions.

Though it is probs not supported online as it is a user created mod

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Mekado said:
Oh and btw , if you have lord of destruction for Diablo 2, you can push the graphics all the way up to 800x600!...ok so it's not crysis but still much better than 640x480 :p
There's a patch that Blizzard released recently that allows the game to run in higher resolutions.

Or was it a fan made thing that needed the latest patch? can't remember.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
starocean13 said:
That being said, it should be soon-ish (not sure about 2010, maybe early 2011) it's been in developpement for a while.
Don't you mean never?

starocean13

May 20, 2009
I understand what you mean about a date...I was meaning more like first or second quarter of 2010 or 2011 and I do have the expantion. Like I said normally graphics dont bother me in the least. I've actually been playing alot of last gen games for the last several weeks,so top of the line graphics are not a must for me, but obviously they dont bother me to much if I can be working on a second play thru. Its mainly for the sake of getting on with the next big jump in the story that I want to know.