Did I do that?

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
So what I was wondering was have you ever had a moment in a game where apparently you did something (got a kill or whatever) without knowing how you did it?

It happened to me playing halo, I tried to pop some fool in the face but missed and it said I betrayed somebody, apparently the bullet bounced off the rock behind the guy I tried to shoot and landed in my teammates eye.

So has anything like this happened to you? Please share your stories with the world.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Killed a far away sniper that shot me in Last Stand mode while flashbanged. I sure got lucky.

_Serendipity_

Jun 15, 2008
(Possibly) My happiest moment in TF2, missing a fully charged sniper shot (awwww...), but bringing down a cloaked spy instead.

Pure gaming awesomeness :)

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
*Insert frantic, last ditch effort grenade kill stories here*

Also, in TF2, accidentally whacking a cloaked spy with a crit wrench. Heh heh heh. Good times.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
In Halo 3 all the time you get random kills. For example, someone on the opposing team threw a plasma grenade at me just before I died from bullets. When the grenade exploded, I got a double kill because there were two opponents walking by me.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Halo 3, Team SWAT, Construct. I go up one of the purple grav lifts, and as I reach the top I see a member of the other team. I fire off a shot with the Battle Rifle, and get a double kill. I check the replay - the first of the three bullets hit the guy in the side of the head. The second went wide, but the third hit someone else standing a few feet behind him right in the face as well. I didn't even know you could get a double kill off one BR shot.

Aberrsary

Aug 7, 2008
In halo, I was killed by some people in a warthog on rats nest, But when I respawned, I got a triple kill. I checked the replay, It turned out all the way on the other side of the level, I dropped a land mine, and after i died, a full warthog hit it.

Leodiensian

Jun 7, 2008
Whenever you take down a mob of enemies in Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden 2 without taking even one hit.

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
in FEAR you can drop nades as u die, i made this a nasty little habbit. one day i was in the middle of a fire fight and (of course) i got killed. i dropped a nade and watched from my corpse. i got four kills. :O three got it from the nade and one was standing to close to a nearby fire extinguisher.

Pure Awesomeness (and luck) :)

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Lol 2 guys right behind each other in CoD 4 sniped 1 in the head got them both (didn't even know the second guy was there)

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
One time I was playing Halo 3, and I flew low on a swoop at the enemies. Granted, it wasn't that smart, but I killed three of the four people in the area. The LAST guy skyjacked me and I quickly boosted up and towards the cliffs on the left side (this was starting at the enemy base).

I get kicked out of the banshee, but I'm gliding along the wing. Just as I start to fall, the "you were kicked out of a vehicle" movement cooldown ends and I, while in midair below the banshee, reach up and reverse skyjack it. As I'm getting into the vehicle, the guy flies out and at that VERY MOMENT a spartan laser flies out and hits the guy right as he was kicked out of the banshee.

Synangel

Jun 20, 2008
There was one time in CoD4 i dropped my controller, and it hit LB, and threw a flashbang into the group. it nailed one of my teammates right in the head, and he died, and the flash bang stunned everyone else. i was to busy picking up the controller, so when i looked up, no one had ANY idea what was going on, besides the fact that i apparently killed a teammate. The person who died made a comment in a sad voice "awww *whimper*...so can i still get the stay alive the whole match challenge?" and i'm like "Sorry, i dropped my controller, what happened"

After alot of laughs and flaming i finally got the full story.. and we all shared a good laugh... and someone shoved there shotgun up my ass.

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
Halo 3.
Firing a shot from a sniper rifle, missing completely, having it ricochet off a rock and get a triple kill.

cheesemaster

Mar 4, 2008
Using the recently-updated Flamethrower in TF2, I used the air blast to reflect a rocket coming at my face. I didn't notice where it went, but it ended up killing two enemies so I must have done something right.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
CoD4. I was doing only knives. (Everyone else was using guns, knives is just my way of spicing things up.) I saw my friend joined the other team. He always goes to the same spot to snipe. I ran through a firefight, grenades and bullets every where. I knifed a couple of guys and my guys saved me a few times. My friend sniped an ally of mine andtook out his pistol.

Then it happened. Both of us charging through a fire fight. Neither of us being hit. We reach each other. He knifes. I jump, spin around and knife him in the back. I pull out my SMG and my team save my ass from my dead friend's allies.

Now imagine all this in about 10 seconds with a large amount of 'HOLY SHIT!' and 'WHAT THE FUCK!?' coming from me and my team. I came second overall in that match too. :D

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Not mine, my friend from the knife battle.

I was on his team and we were pissing each other off, for the fun of it. He says 'BEHIND YOU!'

I spin around and he fires his .50cal. 'Holy shit!' he exclaims as he gets 4 headshots. Me, two enemies who had just rounded a corner and an enemy hiding behind a wall.

And a different friend of mine tried to take down a chopper. First rocket swerves straight down and lands on me. :( Second shot swerves around a corner and takes out half the enemy team. The chopper didn't even kill him. Some other guy LMG'd it while the second RPG was in the air.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
conqueror Kenny said:
So what I was wondering was have you ever had a moment in a game where apparently you did something (got a kill or whatever) without knowing how you did it?

It happened to me playing halo, I tried to pop some fool in the face but missed and it said I betrayed somebody, apparently the bullet bounced off the rock behind the guy I tried to shoot and landed in my teammates eye.

So has anything like this happened to you? Please share your stories with the world.
I think it was the first Halo, but what happened was I just thought "Oh yeah, I killed your ass random enemy!" - I shoot him with a pistol to ridicule him, and the bullet bounces back into my face.

Then my friend was looking at a Halo 3 replay vid, and some guy shoots a sniper round like, 100 yards away from his target, and he dies anyway. No richochet, nothing....he just died.

One time in CS 1.6 - I jumped down that vent in assault, and there were about 7 terrorists aligned from the other team....yeah, all lined up, I reflexively fired and ONE BULLET WENT THROUGH ALL OF THEIR HEADS!

"OMG HAX OMG WTF!::!"!"!!?auedup@#oi$*!(*"

No, not Hax, frikin' DIVINE INTERVENTION!

More to come because this shit happens all the time, even more in single player but those are fresh in my mind.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Sniping, CoD4, I hit someone in the chest, killed him, went threw and into someone elses head, went threw that and hit a flaming car. I don't know if it was the bullet or it was just the car's time to go, but the car exploded and killed someone.

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
TF2, 8 vs. 8. I'm playing my usual class of demoman, and I wind up with 8 kills in a matter of a few seconds. What happened was that the other team was trying some weird tact of being all engineers, all setting up their sentry guns in point B. A few seconds latter, and the entire team was gone.