Did I get a good deal (Pc related)

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
You should have invested more in the GPU, and less on RAM. There is no need for DDR3 RAM and it's more expensive than DDR2 which is enough and it will be enough for a long time. As for HDD, you will learn pretty soon that size doesn't matter as much as transfer speed. I have a 500Gb Hitachi and I have more than 70% free space after 3 . Having a good HDD with a lot of space is important, but if you're on a tight budget then you should concentrate on what really matters, and I guess games are what matters for you so you should always look for extra money to invest in GPU. So in conclusion no, you didn't get a very good deal.
:O Jesus christ how do u manage that? I've got around 2tb and I still need to remove stuff all the time..

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
ImprovizoR said:
You should have invested more in the GPU, and less on RAM. There is no need for DDR3 RAM and it's more expensive than DDR2 which is enough and it will be enough for a long time. As for HDD, you will learn pretty soon that size doesn't matter as much as transfer speed. I have a 500Gb Hitachi and I have more than 70% free space after 3 years. Having a good HDD with a lot of space is important, but if you're on a tight budget then you should concentrate on what really matters, and I guess games are what matters for you so you should always look for extra money to invest in GPU. So in conclusion no, you didn't get a very good deal.
Not true. DDR2 and DDR3 are about the same price overall. The only real difference is in the Motherboard, where you might save 10 dollars or something.