Did you ever do something in a game that bothered you afterwards?

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
PureChaos said:
on Second Sight there is a guard you kill and you can look at the computer he was on. he was talking to his girlfriend on MSN, and she posts more messages while you look at it like:
hello?

HELLO???

please say something!!!!!

but i killed him. HOW COULD I
WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU???!

I have quite alot of these moments where I regret something I do in a game... one of the more recent ones would have to be: Tempted by a prostitute in Metro2033 and getting pretty much mugged, losing all my in game money... I laughed (Chill out people, I am a guy, we do stupid stuff).

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Deathsigna said:
Something not quite along the same lines as what has been said so far, but I'm always bothered if I find somehting out in an RPG (say by having a conversation with someone) that doesn't affect gameplay but simply gets me information/lets me watch an interesting cutscene. If I then die I feel like I should have whatever conversation again, even though I have already seen it I feel like my character hasn't, and it bothers me.
Did that make sense?
LMAO I thought I was the only one. ^^

Sometimes I make it count as punsihment for me dying too. Or it is a good time to go grab a drink/snack. However, ultimatley these are just excuses to what you mention though.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I was following this FAQ on how to build the so-called "perfect Shepard". It took the course of 4 full playthroughs to do it according to the directions of the guide, but it happened and there she was; Erika was there ready to kick names and take ass in Mass Effect 2.

However... there were quite a number of times where Wrex had to be, uh... "sacrificed" since my persuasion scores weren't high enough. The ship felt so empty without him, not to mention getting through the last few parts was a bit of a challenge.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
...no not 1 bit and i've taken the evil route with every game i could. Heck if there was a baby punting contest for free ammo in a game i'd try to set a record. Exept in metro 2033 when you find out theres a good ending and you feel like an a-hole when it turns out your actions were unneeded then you feel horrible

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
In fallout 3 I tricked some poor wastelanders into wearing slavers collars and traded them into slavery :(

I felt sorry for them for a bit

But the rewards helped me continue my journey and then I didn't feel as bad

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
Yureina said:
The path to ending the "Those!" quest in Fallout 3 where you pay Eulogy Jones a little visit... if you know what I mean. I find that concept to be extremely disturbing.
I did every quest in Fallout 3, but this I have little memory of. What was disturbing?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Martster said:
Yureina said:
The path to ending the "Those!" quest in Fallout 3 where you pay Eulogy Jones a little visit... if you know what I mean. I find that concept to be extremely disturbing.
I did every quest in Fallout 3, but this I have little memory of. What was disturbing?
You can sell the boy you find in Grayditch into slavery by talking to Eulogy Jones after you finish dealing with the Ant problem.

REM_lite

Jun 2, 2010
DarkHuntress said:
There is a spot in Dragon Age where you have a choice of helping a child get rid of the demon inside him or killing him. My character choose to kill him. The cut-scene after that was a little painful.

I just made sure that the other character I was playing choose another way.
In my second playthrough I Discovered a way to save both his mom and him, and also kill the demon. If you talk to Alistair or the blood mage guy they say that that the only other way to save him would be to have a whole bunch of mages use their mana to send you into the dream realm. So you just have to finish the mage tower section and talk to the head guy.
(I was playing as a mage when I did this I don't know if that changes anything though.)

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
Yureina said:
Martster said:
Yureina said:
You can sell the boy you find in Grayditch into slavery by talking to Eulogy Jones after you finish dealing with the Ant problem.
Now I remember why this rang no bells. My mind was shielding me from the pain and shame of this act. Yes if I could go back and undo what I did I would. Oh the Pain of it all.

Fallout 3 really was a game for the wicked

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
In Mass Effect when i had to choose between Kaiden Alenko and Ashley Williams. When i saw that nuke go off it kinda took my breath a little bit. That and No Russian

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
In Fallout 3 I was playing an evil character and I burned that talking tree. I instantly regretted that decision, the noises he made still haunts me to this day.

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
Wrists said:
Anyone play KOTOR on the dark side?

First Jolee, damn it, why did he try to fight, and then Zaalbar and Mission, but I didn't really care about her.

At least I got to keep HK-47 but I felt really bad, I stopped playing for a few minutes to mourn their passing.
mine would be
when your on dantoine(sp?), I believe it was an a woman is trying to get you to buy something from her so she can get money for food or something like that. anyways I opted to make her give me the item and all of the credits she had. then I got lectured by bastilla i believe. She was the only character who could make me feel slightly bad for doing stuff.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
The worst ones are where you dislike your characters actions... which were caused by you accidentally picking the wrong choice either because it wasn't clear enough that the designers considered one choice to be the bad one, because it wasn't obvious that you were making a choice, or because the choices you are given are too limited.

I really didn't like the ending of the Fallout 3: The Pitt; none of the two whole choices your character is given seem to be entirely... Right. They're not good choices, and I can think of better ones.

Anthropaphagi

May 6, 2010
Nothing I can think, as I play games precisely because it gives me an opportunity to be bad/evil if I'm so inclined without any repurcussions. I do know gamers who 'struggled' over whether they should save or harvest little sisters. And many said they felt uncomfortable with what they'd done if they'd harvested them. That's probably the only game I can think of where I knew of several people who felt 'uncomfortable' with something they'd done in game.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Hum, in Fallout 3 I decided to play as a complete arsehole and when I met Dogmeat I beat him to death with my bare hands. That didn't leave me with a good taste in my mouth (you know, cause I ate him afterwards).

bismarck55

Mar 1, 2010
PureChaos said:
on Second Sight there is a guard you kill and you can look at the computer he was on. he was talking to his girlfriend on MSN, and she posts more messages while you look at it like:
hello?

HELLO???

please say something!!!!!

but i killed him. HOW COULD I
I remember that now, it was awesome! Second Sight was a very underrated game I think. Should have been huge, but it was kind of obscure, if I recall correctly.

Nin9Worlds

Jun 7, 2010
In Red Dead Redemption's stranger quest "Water and Honesty", i regret killing the Pleasance House owner, my John Marston was trying hard to redeam himself.

(minus some robberies here and there, most of them wearing a bandana :p)