Did you see Scott Pilgrim?

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
I know there's probably been, like, two other threads like this, but I can do what I want.
So, did you see Scott Pilgrim vs The World, pirated or in theaters?
I did.
If you didn't, why not? Was it because of the Expendables? Or maybe because it had Michael Cera in it?
Most of the people who didn't see it that i've talked to fall into those two categories.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Yeah, I saw it in a theater, I quite enjoyed it too.

Is there any discussion value other than that to this thread?

GiantSpiderGoat

Nov 19, 2009
I read the comics and watched it. I really liked it and Michael Cera did a really good job. My favourite bit was mecha scott.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
I didn't go to theatres because it has Michael Cera in it.
But I'll probably buy the DVD when it costs less than ?10.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
No, because I live in Sweden, where they make you wait for months before you can see a movie in theaters even though the US has already got it. And then they have the unmitigated gall to complain about the illegal downloading that only happens because they make sure people who want to see a movie have to do that or skip the film. Not that I download movies, I don't even owna computer. I wait for the movies to reach theaters. I just think it's stupid not to let us have the opportunity to pay for movies.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I wanted to see it, but I couldn't stay out as late as I wanted because I had to attend a wedding the next day. I haven't gone to the theaters in a while.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I did not see it for a couple of reasons. One was the fact that I never even heard of the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World comic, Two I hate Micheal Cera, and Three I was far more excited for the Expendables to even care.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Yes. And it's one of the best films I've ever seen.
I was grinning from ear to ear thoughout the whole thing.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i didn't but i heard a lot of good stuff about it. aparently it had a lot of game references in it

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Saw it in the theater, loved it as much as I did the comics, wrote up a review. Definitely worth your time to see it.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Nope, I did not see it for three reasons.

1. I have yet to see anything with Micheal Cera in it that I've liked.

2. The premise of it didn't interest me, and for that matter I don't really like the books either.

3. The advertising did nothing to make me want to see it.

DiscoLenin

Jun 8, 2010
I saw it at the theaters, and i'm afraid I didn't like it very much
but my friends enjoyed it and i stole the 3d glasses, so it wasn't all bad

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I went to the cinema to see it. Twice.
Then I bought all the books and read through them.

It was alright...