Digimon World Re:Digitize Localisation!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Hey what's up? I'll tell you what. Digimon.

Remember Digimon World? The Digimon tie-in game for the PS1 way back when? This game is revered by many to be a truly unique and awesome game where it took the Tamagatchi idea and amplified it by 10, but no other game was made like it until recently.

Digimon World Re:Digitize is a game for the 3DS which features gameplay and mechanics based off the original Digimon World, along with art and character design from Suzuhito Yasuda, the character designer for the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor series. The idea of that made many fans very happy but in the west, we've been left in the cold as this title has not launched outside of Japan. That's why I'm here today.

Digimon World is one of my most favourite games from my childhood, not just because it was Digimon but because it was a genuinely great game in its own right. I even went back to it and I'm not just seeing through rose-tinted glasses, it's a good game and I want Namco Bandai to realise that there is demand for this game. So please help by signing this petition. We already have over 7'000 signatures, but the more people who sign this the greater the chance of being noticed by Namco Bandai. Help bring Digimon back!

TL;DR: Sign this for more Digimon, please.

Calumon: I'm not in this... But I might be in the next one if there is a next one which might happen if you all ask for it pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee! D:

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Signed this a few days ago, forgot it was even a thing until recently. Digimon World was one of the first PS1 games I played/owned, and would be overjoyed to see its semi "return" on the 3DS. I know the Digimon games haven't been as well-known as its cousins' but they are solid titles with a large and growing fan base. It would be a shame to not see this game released for Western audiences. A damn shame.

I'll be sure to spread this around all the same!

[sub]Also, that guy totally has a bra on his head. Unmistakably so.[/sub]

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Because petitions always work!

The one thing that stands out for me is (as you said) that the characters are drawn by Suzuhito Yasuda, the same bloke who did the Devil Survivor series and Durarara characters, his style is really good.

Might sign it later, never been a big fan of the Digimon games *has flashbacks to the frustration of Digimon World for PS1 and how my Digimon kept becoming goddamn Numemon and literally eating its own shit* But if it is for the 3DS, might be a good game to enjoy.
It worked for Dark Souls on PC as well as for the localization of Project X Zone [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone], so what's the harm in a signature on this one? It literally took me two minutes, heh. The Digimon games have always had their own charm to them. I would love to see this released.

Oh, and I totally am in the same boat with you on the Numemon Digivolutions.

[sub]Humorous now, infuriating at the time.[/sub]