Digimon

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
kyosai7 said:
Armored Prayer said:
Whats the name of that blue one with the red and yellow fire patterns?

Also the metal version of that black and orange dinosaur from the first season?

Sorry, its been a long time for me.
MEtal version.... WarGreymon probably, as for the first one.... Flamedramon, ala season 2?
Ah those were their names. I always thought they looked pretty badass. Thanks for the help.

undyingdh777

Red Lantern
Jun 25, 2008
If i had all the episodes (excluding this Data Squad bollocks) I would watch them like crazy. I even have a season 3 digivice (complete with blue card) in my room.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I don't know why, i struggled to get into this as a kid.

I really tried because plenty of my friends liked it!

A few years later the same thing happened with Bayblades.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Sorry, my edit button isn't working and this place is crawling with opportunities to quote.

Bloodstain said:
Furburt said:
Hubilub said:
Calumon on the other hand is secretly evil!
Oh yes, one day, he will kill Jack, and all of his posts will be in bold.
Oh god, nightmares... o.o

...Catkid still hasn't shown up? Wow.
I was at the Theater. I came as SOON as I saw it!

Calumon: ...not in that way...

Paddin said:
KiruCookie said:
Paddon alerted Catkid of this thread!CHEESE IT!
On the second note we have a group now to avoid hate mail :D
He needs to know! He has loyal fans are questioning his and Calumon's absence :)

The group is awesome, its a friendly place full of digimaniacs
Relax one and all. I'm here... As I've said...

Calumon: Wow... we've really been missed!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
When I first saw Digimon, I though to myself "Meh, this is just a Pokemon rip off." However, as I kept watching, I though to myself "Holy crap, it may be a rip off, but it's better than Pokemon. Awesome!" I watched until the 3rd season which I thought was the last. I didn't know that there was a fourth. When I saw it, I thought to myself "Oh, Digimon. This will be a nice trip down memory lane. Okay, that's cool I guess but where are the Digimon? Wait a minute... what? Oh... no! No way they did that. That's just ridiculous." As you can see, I was displeased.

So I still think of the first 3 seasons fondly but act as if there were no fourth season... or fifth, but I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say. :p

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
War Penguin said:
When I first saw Digimon, I though to myself "Meh, this is just a Pokemon rip off." However, as I kept watching, I though to myself "Holy crap, it may be a rip off, but it's better than Pokemon. Awesome!" I watched until the 3rd season which I thought was the last. I didn't know that there was a fourth. When I saw it, I thought to myself "Oh, Digimon. This will be a nice trip down memory lane. Okay, that's cool I guess but where are the Digimon? Wait a minute... what? Oh... no! No way they did that. That's just ridiculous." As you can see, I was displeased.

So I still think of the first 3 seasons fondly but act as if there were no fourth season... or fifth, but I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say. :p
Give 5 a try, a lot of poeple don't like it (For some reason I can't udnerstand), but the people DON'T become Digimon, and it has an Agumon!

Also, keep an eye out for season 6! Digimon Xros Wars!

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
i dont watch it anymore but i wouldnt mind to... one of my earliest memories is actually watching the Digimon Movie(shows where my priorities lay

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I have the first digimon game as a rom on my computer with my psx emulator and i was playing the hell out of it, but egh other videogames to play and i forgot about it. The biggest problem is that the text is completely screwed up, but yeah i loved digimon in the first season, and kinda the second.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
War Penguin said:
When I first saw Digimon, I though to myself "Meh, this is just a Pokemon rip off." However, as I kept watching, I though to myself "Holy crap, it may be a rip off, but it's better than Pokemon. Awesome!" I watched until the 3rd season which I thought was the last. I didn't know that there was a fourth. When I saw it, I thought to myself
I thought Digimon started before Pokemon.... have i been mis-informed?

EDIT: sorry bout the double post

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I don't know about when they were actually mad,e I just know Digimon started out as small digital pets, similar to Tamagotchi and the like. Pokemon came out, was huge, games game over to USA, as did the anime, THEN Digimon came over, tryin' to rake money off a similar title.

faceless chick

Sep 19, 2009
they're supposedly making another series.
finally!

i didn't like the last series..why couldn't they just keep with the art style and idea? it worked well for 3 1/2(4th series was ok-ish i guess) series!

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Nope, just watched it as a kid. Though I did have a discussion with some friends about it a while ago, after which I looked up some info on wikipedia. Apparently there's a Digimon called 'Omnimon'... Is it just me, or does that just seem a little bit overkill?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Haven't really watched it since season four I believe (when the Digi Destined didn't actually have digimon, but rather statues that made them into digimon.), and I think that was early middle school. I do intend to watch it again sometime, mainly out of curiosity and to see if it still appeals to me like it did when I was younger.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Fuck yeah, Digimon! Digimon is basically a darker version of Pokemon, 'cept more kick-ass awesome.
I remember the theme song n' all, friggin' awesome dude. My favorite is the 3rd season, that was really dark and mature compared to the previous 2 seasons (which were pretty mature in their own right at times). I watched up until the 4th season, it definitely had it's moments and still kept a more mature tone, if a little watered down. Probably #3 on my favorites list.

Then season 5 came along....the "family friendly" season....

Oh god, what have they done?

In all honesty, I have hardly watched any episode of Season 5, but what I have seen looks like absolute tripe.

What I liked about the other seasons of Digimon is that as it progressed, you saw the deterioration of the Digiworld. The world itself was crumbling as things got more dire. It definately gave it a sense of maturity to it, and it actually had definted regions within it, unlike Pokemon where there's one town after another after another and they NEVER talk about it again.

Jeez, I think I'm going too deep into it.

Whatever, I loved Digimon, even the supposed "bad" 4th season, it did at least try to change things up slightly with the relationships between the digimon and their trainers. Hell, "someone" supposedly died or something like that, wouldn't want to give too much away (besides, I hardly remember it).

It gave mature storytelling to a younger audience with developed relationships between every character. It will always have a place in my heart.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Z of the Na said:
Dendio said:
I used to watch it as a kid. It was good back in the day. I kinda got lost and gave up as the seasons went on. There was one season where the kids merged with the digimon @.@
Yeah, that would be the end of Season 3. :p
or season 4 from what it sounds like. Yes, Takato and others merged to become ultimate (Or was it mega?) level digimon, but the season four guys had to become digimon themselves to even make it to champion level.

ohh, damn my perfect memory.

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
WOAH! wait a second
where are you downloading from?
throw me a link
just watched the movie
i love digimon

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Magnalian said:
Nope, just watched it as a kid. Though I did have a discussion with some friends about it a while ago, after which I looked up some info on wikipedia. Apparently there's a Digimon called 'Omnimon'... Is it just me, or does that just seem a little bit overkill?
Omnimon only got two showings:
1: end of season one I believe, to defeat Mystomon's final form.
2: the first Digimon movie, where they had to kill this weird digimon/virus/spider thing.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Ah Digimon, I mostly remember the kick-ass opening theme from the show.

Other than that I don't really remember much from the show, I think I shall re-watch it some, even if it is only for the awesome opening theme.