DING! The Escapist Turns 10!

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
My introduction to the escapist was back in high school, whenever the first season of Unforgotten Realms was being produced. My mates and I were in one of the computer rooms and they went to the escapist to show me and other unaware people some Zero Punctuation and the aforementioned Unforgotten Realms. A computer tech that worked at the school came in and I remember it cause he said we really weren't allowed to do that at school but since he liked the video series himself he let it slide.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Hurrah! Happy birthday!

While I do think there has been some serious decline in forum and content quality over the recent years, I still consider this one of the best gaming websites out there, so roll on the Escapist.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Huh.
Makes me kinda sad when I think about things like Extra Credits, and some of my favorite posters that are either gone or banned.
But then I think about all the people I hated who are also banned, which is a nice thought. Good riddance Max.

Happy Birthday Escapist.

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
Happy birthday, but man that took me back...

There were still articles when I joined. Rebecca Mayes, ZP, Unskippable, Escape to the Movies, Apocalypse Lane, Extra Credits...only ZP is left, and I wonder when Yahtzee'll leave. Makes me a sad panda.

Game Dogs had to go tho. If you don't know what it is, just...just don't worry about it.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Ugh, five auto-play videos starting at the same time the moment you hit the article.

Congrats to the Escapist's long run.

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
This is a triumph!

Congratulations, I'm sure there will be many more decades ahead.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
I think I first discovered the site via Zero Punctuation, back in the days when it used a different song for each video before it shifted to the more generic rock opening.

I didn't actually join, though, until they had their webcomic contest, the one that saw the creation of Critical Miss, which I think was actually less popular than one of the runners up, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [http://thepunchlineismachismo.com], which thanks to popular demand kept going and doing pretty dang good for itself.

And, too boot, I remember scoring an honorable mentions myself (Robot Viking Ninja Pirates), which was pretty nifty. Unfortunately, not much has come of that particular title since then. Still, it was pretty cool being one a handful to get special recognition out of the hundreds of entries.

And then there were the couple of articles I wrote that got published, also from the days prior to the shift from Weekly 'issues' to more regular releases.

Shame Unskippable isn't around anymore, though.

Wow, I think I have more memories from this place than I first thought...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Hoppy Birmdoo Escapist, thanks for all the awesome content/news, things have been rocky but fun.

10 more years, 10 more years, 10 more years!