Disabled Gamer's Dead Space 2 Problems Gets Developer's Attention

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
I'm more curious how someone moves a game character using their chin? :S
He's got skills.
-Tabs<3-
Ever heard of N0M4D? He played Modern Warfare something like that, just found the video.
There was a news post about it in the past, can't remember how long ago.
OT: Glad to hear they are putting together a patch for this. Games can be a real blessing for people in situations like his, so it is good to hear that developers will work to make games more welcoming for them.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
I saw this thread two weeks ago on the Deadspace forums where it actually originated, with the user complaining and one of the EA moderators brought it up with their boss, which later had the thread skyrocket in replies after they saw EA posting there.

While I approve of Viscerals actions here, I am seriously confused how someone who plays with their chin is going to play this game. There's no way they can survive the ending of the game with only their chin, as I've seen the videos how he plays. I'm sorry to say, but there's no way. Not that he shouldn't at least try and have some fun! But honestly, I just don't see why every developer for every game he's going to buy will have to tailor to his injury. Is it fair to him? Yup. Is it nice of the developers to do so? Sure as heck, yes! But is it necessary...? I don't know. Oh well, best of luck with him, but I suppose I'm just cold hearted since I don't instantly jump aboard the petition or such. :-(

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
I'm more curious how someone moves a game character using their chin? :S
He's got skills.
-Tabs<3-
Or what happens if he's frightened by the game. Must be super calm

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Cursed Frogurt said:
A friend of mine in college had CP and had to play Killzone with one hand.
You have no idea how out of context that can be taken. :p

OT: About damn time. You would think that with this generation it would be standard.