Disappointing Sequels

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Radeonx said:
pyrosaw said:
Radeonx said:
Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas

All 3 were buggy, boring, un-fun, and overall, bad games.

Also: Half Life 2 (All Episodes)

Half Life 1 was mediocre at best, but the sequels were just plain shitty. I was severely disappointed.
I can understand why someone doesn't like new Bethesda games. They are EXTREMELY buggy. But what is wrong with Half Life 2? Matbe it wasn't the jewel encrusted masterpiece everyone expects of it, but it certainly wasn't shitty.
Arcane Azmadi said:
Supreme Commander 2. Took pretty much everything that made SupCom awesome and dumbed it down.

pyrosaw said:
Radeonx said:
Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas

All 3 were buggy, boring, un-fun, and overall, bad games.

Also: Half Life 2 (All Episodes)

Half Life 1 was mediocre at best, but the sequels were just plain shitty. I was severely disappointed.
I can understand why someone doesn't like new Bethesda games. They are EXTREMELY buggy. But what is wrong with Half Life 2? Matbe it wasn't the jewel encrusted masterpiece everyone expects of it, but it certainly wasn't shitty.
He's just trolling. NO-ONE can be seriously that tasteless.
I'm not trolling at all.
Half Life 2's story, the best part of the game, was average at best. It wasn't engaging enough to keep me excited for most of the game. The characters didn't appeal to me, and I found them annoying after a while.
The game boils down to a bland FPS with some puzzles and 1 gun added in to help keep things interesting. The physics are good, I'll give it that, but overall, the game was sub-par at best.
Hey man, It's your opinion.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Cogwheel said:
I would mention Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2, but I can't. Because it doesn't exist.

Such a shame the series ended with Defiance.
Here's hoping for a revive!

After playing through the Trilogy I think that Sly 3 was a bit disappointing!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
If you count expansion packs as sequels, Half-Life: Blue Shift. Half-Life: Opposing Force blew my socks off, and had my expectations too high as I got Blue Shift.

Felt like more of Half-Life 1, which I found repetitive.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Wahful said:
Cogwheel said:
I would mention Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2, but I can't. Because it doesn't exist.

Such a shame the series ended with Defiance.
Here's hoping for a revive!

After playing through the Trilogy I think that Sly 3 was a bit disappointing!
Unlikely. Amy Hennig - the writer - left. They don't get funding because Tomb Raider sells better. And, you know, there's the matter of Tony Jay being dead.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Arcane Azmadi said:
Sacman said:
Deus Ex Human Revolution... even the lead developers admit that it was a poor sequel and too dumbed down...<.<
You mean Invisible War, right? Human Revolution isn't even out yet.
Yeah sorry... I've just got Human Revolution on the mind right now since so many trailers have already been released...<.<

Right

Apr 7, 2009
I acctually thought that Bioshock 2 was funner to play. I was kinda dissapointed with New Vegas (still liked), but I acctually think that it was more because it felt the same, it didint have the innital new car smell and WOW-factor thatt Fallout 3 had.

SonOfStayPuft

Sep 21, 2010
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II.

Lightsabers? Check. Darth Vader? Check

Repetitive gameplay, same enemies and quicktime events, the ability to finish it just by button mashing? check

Yoda? Check (but only for 30 seconds) :(

TheGreatFedora

Mar 25, 2010
Devil May Cry 2. Maybe one of the most outright boring games of all time, and this after the intensity of the first one.

Also, on the same note, Devil May Cry 4, which was fine enough but disappointing overall.

And agree with Wahful about Sly 3.

Gunmanj

Jul 14, 2008
gotta say resident evil 5, its not that it wasnt fun, but it wasnt creepy, it wasnt tense

the co-op i think is what killed it most, i cant be freaked out or anything if im with a bot and certainly not with a friend.

also the atmosphere totally changed from creepy to super sunny. and most gameplay stuffs occured in more open areas as opposed to tighter claustropic areas.

Dead space 2 didnt dissapoint, i was really worried it would but thankfully viceral did well with the campaign, multiplayer is digustingly tacked on though

Ludicrest

Jul 15, 2010
I would say mafia 2, not that i didn't enjoy the game, it was just sun par when compared to mafia, perhaps it was the port to console. i'm not to sure. i did enjoy the cross over though.

Ludicrest

Jul 15, 2010
Gunmanj said:
gotta say resident evil 5, its not that it wasnt fun, but it wasnt creepy, it wasnt tense

the co-op i think is what killed it most, i cant be freaked out or anything if im with a bot and certainly not with a friend.

also the atmosphere totally changed from creepy to super sunny. and most gameplay stuffs occured in more open areas as opposed to tighter claustropic areas.

Dead space 2 didnt dissapoint, i was really worried it would but thankfully viceral did well with the campaign, multiplayer is digustingly tacked on though

Yeah man i really was thankful for Dead space 2, the multiplayer on the other hand again agree with you it felt like a poor mans left 4 dead, and i didn't much enjoy that either.

Gunmanj

Jul 14, 2008
Ludicrest said:
Gunmanj said:

Yeah man i really was thankful for Dead space 2, the multiplayer on the other hand again agree with you it felt like a poor mans left 4 dead, and i didn't much enjoy that either.
yeah i really hope they can keep it up, viceral is a promising devolopment team and i hope that dead space 3 or whatever other LP's they got coming will be just as good

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Left 4 Dead 2. I got the xbox version, and you know what that means with Microsoft's online servers:

L-(disconnected)
La-(disconnected)
LAG.

Left 4 Dead 1 was much better. At least The framerate was low enough that I could actually tell if a tank was coming, and whether or not I was losing health.

Ludicrest

Jul 15, 2010
Gunmanj said:
Ludicrest said:
Gunmanj said:

yeah i really hope they can keep it up, viceral is a promising devolopment team and i hope that dead space 3 or whatever other LP's they got coming will be just as good
Well i read somewhere that they have DLC to add to the story of DS2 which is out soon?
Hopefully its kept to a good standard. but considering this is an EA game i'm glad Visceral are really focusing on making the most atmospheric and downright terrifying game they can

MolotoK

Jul 16, 2008
Fallout 3

decent game on its own, but it just didn't capture the spirit of FO 1&2.
It was just like any other RPG, just with a fallout theme.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
[HEADING=1]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2[/HEADING]​

It took this long for it to be mentioned? For shame guys, for shame.