Discuss and Rate the Last Thing You Watched (non-movies)

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I just binged The Mandalorian again, in preparation for season 2 dropping in two weeks. It’s still damn, damn good. The planet of the week format worked, Cara Dune is a great character and I want more of her.

Loved it, give me more

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 3, 2020
Country
United States
Scully in season 8 I find weird, though. Such a 180 degree turnaround just because she's trying to fill Mulder's shoes in his absence. It's she who comes up with the crazy answers now. I just don't find it believable after she's been rebutting Mulder with weak scientific explanations for seven years.

Gethsemani

Hardcore Feminazi
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
Sweden
Scully in season 8 I find weird, though. Such a 180 degree turnaround just because she's trying to fill Mulder's shoes in his absence. It's she who comes up with the crazy answers now. I just don't find it believable after she's been rebutting Mulder with weak scientific explanations for seven years.
I never got around to seeing all of season 8, but by season 7 it was pretty clear that Scully was not exactly a skeptic anymore. She was often quick to latch onto the idea that something conventional science didn't know about/understand was the culprit in the mystery and she never was a skeptic when it came to religious stuff (where she and Mulder switched roles). The idea that she would push conspiracies when paired with a straight laced, massive skeptic isn't that far out, considering all that she had seen in the last 7 years while at the X-files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekiel