Dishonored Enters "The Mind of Madness"

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
This is a commercial. Something that is relatively deep, though still light on its edges. It knows its audience, and their ability to understand what the series is doing. It portrays the mood and setting perfectly, and I, who has barely looked into the game, can understand what the Dunwall is like and the issues within the city to an extent. The atmosphere created by these trailers is quite impressive, and I really appreciated them.
(^I wrote an essay today about how a poem's language fit the mood and setting...it's turning up here...)

If I had a system that could run it, I would try and get a pre-order now. I really don't want the game to botch, now.
And I give my props to the writing and art team--that was phenomenal work.

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
Mrkowi said:
Is it just me, or The Tales From Dunwall are origins of main character's equipment ?

Roseburrow brought technology and later weapons, outlander brought magick, and Piero made the mask.
Interesting point, but I don't think that's the case here. The three videos simply show the rise and fall (but mostly the fall) of Dunwall.

First video: Dunwall is an obscure city that is revitalized by Roseborrow's whale oil discovery. Later Anton Sokolov, makes a deal with Roseborrow to possibly militarize his discovery. Which leads to corruption and oppression, and such.

Second video: The outsider basically uses the kid to start the plague which makes the city fall apart even more:

Third video: Empress is dead, Corvo is in imprisoned, which is the lead up to the game. The Outsider tasks the guy to make a mask for Corvo. At this point Dunwall is essentially hanging by a thread.

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Watching these and watching how horrible Dunwall is gives me one instinct and desire in playing the game. I will make things right, its the same appeal Fallout is, give me the player a broken world and I will be utterly obsessively compelled to put it back together again.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Sean Steele said:
Watching these and watching how horrible Dunwall is gives me one instinct and desire in playing the game. I will make things right, its the same appeal Fallout is, give me the player a broken world and I will be utterly obsessively compelled to put it back together again.
Or break it apart, if you are into that.

Arkane have appeared to have done some serious world building for Dishonored. I can't wait to explore it.