Dishonored Gets a Date

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
October ninth? It is coming out earlier than I expected. I was expecting a late December or early January release.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I will definitively wait to read some reviews first. Yes, the trailer looked nice, but as we've seen before, that does NOT mean the game will be good. And the box art is pretty crap, which does not bode well...

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
So Bioshock Infinite gets a major delay, then suddenly we get a release date for Dishonored the next day... And it just so happens to fall around the same time that Infinite's was... Coincidence?

Such things aside, I'm very excited for Dishonored, and it definitely got bumped up from a "very interested" to a "must-buy" when Infinite got delayed. Well played, sir Dishonored.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Oh. Look the guys in Europe get screwed over for no reason again XP

What is it with the three day gap in every game release ever? It better be for fixing the fucking spelling of "Dishonoured

/irrational rage

Yep, it's a must buy for me. As long as I can run around rooftops making about 50 oneliners per minute i'll be ok.

And i'll have to think up an anime-esque attack name for the magic steampunky awesomeness...

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Richardplex said:
If I'm not summoning a heroic spirit in this I'm going to be very disappointed.
The "Funky clock tower" in the background must be the Great Holy Grail. There is no other explanation.

OT: I'm pretty excited for this game, sound really cool to me. Hope it can fill the void that BioShock left behind :'(

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
ZehMadScientist said:
Richardplex said:
The "Funky clock tower" in the background must be the Great Holy Grail. There is no other explanation.

OT: I'm pretty excited for this game, sound really cool to me. Hope it can fill the void that BioShock left behind :'(
The mask even looks likes Hassan Sabbah's, blatantly a similar case to what Caster did.
[small]can't believe someone actually got that reference...[/small]

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Oh wow, that's sooner than I thought. I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out.

Also:
rhizhim said:
Holy catchphrase, Batman, that game looks really cool. I'm crying right now, seeing that it's cancelled.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Richardplex said:
Archer would be my pick...Everybody is gar for archer.

OT: It got a release date. Awesome. Didn't think it would be released so fast.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Evilsanta said:
Richardplex said:
Archer would be my pick...Everybody is gar for archer.

OT: It got a release date. Awesome. Didn't think it would be released so fast.
Of course. Everyone comes out of Fate/Stay Night with a crush on Saber and totally gar for Archer. And they'd fit the theme.

Also, actually had a look at the trailer. I am now interested.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Once, you were the most trusted bodyguard of the Empress. But framed for her murder, you were forced to become something else entirely: an assassin of almost legendary ability, blessed or cursed with supernatural abilities by an unknown force. And now, you're after revenge.
Oh boy. What an original idea. I cannot wait.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Can't wait. Always good to see a game that just says "Fuck it! Revenge is fine by us!"

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Absolutionis said:
It's insulting that you think so lowly of the Deus Ex and Thief franchises.
Have you even played Deus Ex? It is totally possible to go guns-blazing, just as it is to go in through the back door, spend five minutes crouched in a shadow memorising a guard's route, silent-assassin, talk to everyone and charm keycards and other favours off them...

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Mangles69 said:
'Games for Windows Live
People who buy it on PC;
People won't buy it on PC if it has GFWL. You saw what happened the Dark Souls! They begged and begged for a PC port and yet they still refused to accept it had GFWL in it. Sure, some people will buy it, but it's basically the kiss of death for your PC port.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Hm, that's pretty soon, considering that it wasn't revealed until a short while ago. Perhaps I've just gotten used to Blizzards bullshit, but I'm not sure if this is a good sign.
Nontheless, this is one of the few games that I'll probably get on pre-order. Don't care about steampunk, but I love stealth-assassination-ninja-tricks... WITH MAGIC STUFFZ!

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Every time one of these comes out it's 'The Next Bioshock'. I don't care either way, I just want a solid single player shooter that's not a tack-on to a multiplayer giant. So I'll be getting this. I thought there was one before but I can't find any news on it now, something about a gun that could rewind time, had the same audio logs as Bioshock. Maybe it was reviewed so poorly it was expunged from the records.