Dishonored RP ideas

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
So I've been playing through Dishonored again lately, it's a good game but it's becoming a bit stale (the story/characters are one of the things I dislike about it). So I want to hear any of your ideas to make the game more enjoyable/interesting, I've played it through as a clean-handed ghost and again as a sword-wielding maniac, what other character roleplay possibilities are there? I will say I would preferably prefer a character that does kill (my last playthrough was strictly non-lethal).

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Depending on how good you are you could make a "rule" so that any enemy who spots you must die, regardless of whether escape and hiding is possible. The idea being that while it's okay for guards to know an enemy has been there (finding fellow guards who have been killed), nobody should be able to say who it was.

Alternatively you could play through it only using/excluding a certain kind of weapon/tool. So you can kill but only with X or you cannot use Blink and so on.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
PC Gamer came up with three interesting rulesets to use, including the gloriously named 'Corvo Attano: The Loudest Man In Dunwall'.

There's also the 'Night Angel' playthrough option, where you point the Heart at enemies and listen to what it has to say about them, before dealing with them accordingly. Is that guy going to murder two people before committing suicide? Better stop that from happening. This one eats well while his family starve? Probably not a death sentence, but choking him out and leaving him to wake up in a bin might set him right.

TKhanman

Mar 15, 2014
Came up with this off the top of my head.

Action Hero.

Rules: you must go high chaos, whenever you fight you can't sprint and you have to move forward somewhat slowly like how cool action hero might do it, try to use as much explosives and ranged weapons as you can, preferably your ranged weapons should have the auto reloading upgrades. the key is to try and play the game like some hero who can shoot anything down, kinda like the airport mission in modern warfare 2.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
When I played I set myself some rules, mostly for fun. Vengeful-off-his-rocker-one-man-judge Corvo?

1: No choke outs. It's always been a minor irritation of mine that you can just choke hold someone until they pass out and they are out for the entire time you need them to be presumably while not being severely damaged by this. I know, I know...there are many unrealistic things in games, this one just gets under my skin. Plus it makes the stealth more interesting if you have to watch patrol routes as you move about rather than dispatching everyone.

2: Use the heart once on every npc you can. If it say something particularly heinous (or their own dialogue is) kill that person. Even if it's an officer surround by other guards (which will happen a fair bit and is often harder than killing/ arranging some poetic justice for your actual target).

3: Try to avoid killing any one who doesn't have something bad said about them (exception being the assassins cause I figured Corvo would have them all marked for death regardless of whether the heart said something specific about them so kill them all with no mercy. I also intentionally left their bodies in obvious places so others would find them.)

4: Be as stealthy as possible

5: Do not take the skill that disintegrates dead bodies. Hide them or feed them to fish/rats yourself.

6: No reloads except on death. If you get seen fight or run.

See if you still end with low chaos. I did, you must have to kill a lot of people to get high. Although I did use non lethal on most of the targets because often that fate sounded worse and shamed them.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I had a lot of fun with "worse than death." The idea was to set up the most horrifying scenarios for guards or other characters to walk in on or wake up in. Like tomorrow that one guard wakes up in a bin with 3 or 4 dead guards or weepers. Or a guard stopping to take a leak hears a thud, looks down and finds he's pissing on his fellow guard's, whom he was just talking with, severed head.

I left one guard passed out in a pile of empty bottles astride a dead, murdered maid... at the party level. Super funny.