Dishonoured: Killing when you have an option not to.

chuckdm

Apr 10, 2012
Zhukov said:
I avoid killing whenever a game makes it a viable approach.

Unless of course I come across someone in particular need of a stabbing. In Human Revolution I didn't kill until I got to China and ran into some guys trying to force some chick to get augmented so she would be a more profitable prostitute. Then it was go-go-gadget fist chisels of doom.

In Dishonored I felt especially justified in not killing when I realised you can point the talking heart at generic enemy NPCs.

"He feeds a stray dog every night. He named her Billy."
"He has a lady friend as ugly and brutish as himself, but they are kind to each other."
"When not on duty, he searches for his younger sister, missing for a week now."
"He cared for his son as best he could, but the boy died of thick lung at the age of seven."

Yeah... I'll stick with sleep darts and chokeholds.
I agree re: Dishonored. Though, as a general rule, I think I used maybe 5 sleep darts the whole game. No sense doing non-lethal takedowns when you have blink. Just literally blink around them, problem solved.

In Human Revolution, though, I do want to say I started killing the instant I reached Highland Park. Killing Zeke's gang seemed wrong (even though they really are terrorists, their heart is in the right place, kinda) but to me, a footsoldier for the Tyrants isn't just a guard - they're evil and they know it. In fact, I believe I killed more there (i.e. everyone) than in both visits to china combined. Most of the guards in hengsha were Belltower, i.e. hired guns. They're just dudes trying to live to see their next paycheck.

But the Tyrants? Let them eat bullets. Or my fists. Maybe frag grenades.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
dyre said:
The Wykydtron said:
This one just throws you into a basement and dedicates a shrine to you. What happened to the good old days where your stalker saves your life a few times then bolts you to a chair and drugs the shit out of you?
Is that really what he does? I couldn't figure out what exactly he planned to do with her, but I figured it beat dying D:
You're basically handing Lady Boyle over to someone that's going to use her as a sex slave. Every non-lethal assassination is a fate worse than death, just about.

I prefer not to kill. I did a lethal run, but I enjoy a non-lethal stealthy approach much more.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
For me its easy.

At first I try to pass the section without killing anyone. If I pass, good. If I dont, I try again.

IF they make me redo the exact same seciton more than 3 timesor so, I just kill the bastards lolol.

EDIT: On a side note... WTF happended to my avatar? All I wanted was to change my old avatar into a new one... for once... and you cant even do that escapist? Wow....

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
I enjoyed the non-lethal in this game more than lethal. Lethal playthrough is way easier because of how many tools you have for killing people. You have a pistol, a crossbow, grenades, proximity traps, sticky bombs, explosive bullets, incendiary bolts, and your sword. For non-lethal you can choke people, which takes 3 times as long as slicing their throat or stabbing them in the neck, or you can use sleep darts (which you can only have a maximum of ten unlike regular bolts and bullets which you can have up to 30 plus their other ammo types). Non-lethal was definitely more challenging, especially when going for the mostly flesh and steel achievement. The swift shadow and strong arms bone charms and boot stealth upgrades help a lot for non-lethal stealth, especially on harder difficulty settings.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Exius Xavarus said:
dyre said:
The Wykydtron said:
This one just throws you into a basement and dedicates a shrine to you. What happened to the good old days where your stalker saves your life a few times then bolts you to a chair and drugs the shit out of you?
Is that really what he does? I couldn't figure out what exactly he planned to do with her, but I figured it beat dying D:
You're basically handing Lady Boyle over to someone that's going to use her as a sex slave. Every non-lethal assassination is a fate worse than death, just about.

I prefer not to kill. I did a lethal run, but I enjoy a non-lethal stealthy approach much more.
heh, I made that post months ago. But yeah, most of the non-lethals are pretty cruel, but most of the time they deserved it. I was more hoping the guy would lock her in a castle or something, and just try to convince her to fall in love with him. You know, sort-of-not-really like Beauty and the Beast? I mean, if he just wanted sex, he could just hire a prostitute.