Disney Hands Star Wars: Episode VII to the Writer of Toy Story 3

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Infernai said:
Now at last the masks had fallen away. The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed. Most ironic of all, was the last gift that Lucas' departure had given me: more powerful then Disney which now held their rights. More Accute even then the knowledge of one able to discern the insanity of the expanded universe. The first bitter taste of that terrible illusion...hope.

On a more serious note, if you are making a movie set after the sixth movie. Maybe you should create one about this guy:

Just Saying...maybe it's time to give him a movie.
Jedi knights 2 was a huge part of my childhood I still consider it the best star wars videogame ever only rivaled by some of the flight sims I know it will probably never happen but If they do make movies based of the games I would love them forever.

Even just a mention of kyle or any of the events from the games would make me so happy.

jshrike

Apr 8, 2010
Here's what I know about Arndt:

1: It can't be worse then Attack of the Clones.
2: An Oscar winning screenwriter is much more likely to draw an Oscar winning director
3: He wrote a treatment and then got hired on to been the screenwriter. That means somebody liked his stuff well enough to use it.
4: He's not just a shill. Little Miss Sunshine was a very innovative movie, and Toy Story 3, despite arguably being a cash grab, was an incredibly deep movie.
5: Somebody things he's good enough for Sci-Fi. He's written 2 screenplays that are already being shot. The Hunger Games Catching Fire flick and a Tom Cruise movie called Oblivion.

All in all, I can't say I feel worse with him writing it then if Lucas decided to.

Additionally, Star Wars fans need to grow up. If you can't accept, by this point, that The Trilogy is sacrosanct and untouchable, then you're living so far in denial you've almost found its source. We all know Episode 7 was happening. It's one of the biggest film franchises in the world. It was going to happen. Get over it. At least now it has the prospect of including subtlety.

As for the content, I would much prefer, say, a Kyle Katarn movie, although I'd be worried the movie would last five minutes because all the conflict would run away from him. If not, I would actually be alright with a recast. You almost have to. Everyone harps on the aliens in Indiana Jones, but that movie was also held down by the fact that Harrison Ford is old as shit. And as much as I love Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher (Hamill especially), they don't look like Luke and Leia anymore. The only way you'd get the 'original trio' in a movie is if they're either side characters, phased out by the end, or get killed by the time credits roll. So, I'm of the mind that I would much rather a good, solid Star Wars story with a new cast then to a weak one with the originals.

Also, back to Kyle, I can almost guarantee that 80 percent, if not more, of the EU will be either reconned or completely written off. Lucas himself just took ideas from it. With the exception of Shadows of the Empire and Force Unleashed, none of it's really been 'official' Lucasfilm properties. But, hell. Maybe we'll get a Dash Rendar movie? Sure, it might get weird with him banging a droid by the end, but whatever. Hot Cylon chick rules apply to Guri.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I am surprised more people are not mentioning little miss sunshine that was a great movie very well written.