disney infitie fail?

meatshield

Mar 30, 2009
My 8 year old son went crazy wanting this thing for xmas. I knew it was gonna be a money pit. but man.. pay 14 dollars for a char that does really nothing new and unlocks like 1-2 small things in game. 10 chars and like 20 discs is what is sunk into it.
Build you own world they say.. well only if you buy aton of char and level them up and hope that the random wheel give you the things you want to build with. lets see we have like left arches... no rights ones. parts of like 20 other things. And to top it off,a very small world you can build.
Point is he was bored of it within a day. (toy story expansion included)
hasnt even been touched since.
Anyone else know anyone or have one and thought otherwise? 360 version.
Well and theres the insiane price drop, you can pick the starter pack up with game etc for 39.99. I paided 79.99 late dec.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Most young kids I know much prefer Skylanders or even Pokemon Rumble U when it comes to games that make use of figurines for characters. The funny thing is though I know at least a dozen people who are 20+ who absolutely love Disney Infinity. My guess is that it's much more of a nostalgia trip for older gamers, so combine that with a bit of Lego style building stuff and you have a recipe for letting out the inner child.

While I'm sure you want to avoid another money pit with your kid, he might take a shine to the Skylanders series more.