DLC ideas for Skyrim.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
I can think of a few, like the Thalmor war idea, an expansion into north Cyrodiil or western Morrowind, but personally I'd love to see what's happened to Atmora.

How about you?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Atmora is so frozen over nothing can live there , mainly because it was just a part of the last universe that Alduin forgot to eat.

We wont go to the other provinces, the game is called Skyrim, not Tamriel.

And we most likely wont have a big Thalmor DLC, The Thalmor situation is to large to handle in a DLC, and BEthesda always ends the stories of DLC in the DLC it began in.

The DLC will be like dawnguard, related to absolutely nothing in the base game.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
What about Talos? :O

That would be cool. The Dragonborn being summoned to Sovngarde to have a lively conversation with the warrior-turned-god. Think of all the missions! Though knowing Bethesda they won't be as lively as I'd still but still. ._.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Atmora is so frozen over nothing can live there , mainly because it was just a part of the last universe that Alduin forgot to eat.

And we most likely wont have a big Thalmor DLC, The Thalmor situation is to large to handle in a DLC, and BEthesda always ends the stories of DLC in the DLC it began in.

what? How is Atmora Alduin's leftovers? can you elaborate I am actually really confused, I knew of Alduin's cyclical destruction but.... wow, I'm confused.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
personally if I was the developers i would make some sort of DLC to release to prep for the next game like rolling all the thalmor hate make the next game have into a full war with them but have some prepping for war stuff as the last DLC released for skyrim

as for other random DLC how about COPS: skyrim that adds quests about cracking down on skooma/moon sugar dealers, new city guard dialogue and more quests like that murder mystery quest? and perhaps an anti thieves guild quest like the anti dark brotherhood one?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
How about some DLC that makes the dragons land when they're so close to you, rather than flying around for 20 minutes like a pussy >:-( And a flying mount. Perhaps a shout that summons a slain dragon soul to act as your mount. Flying dragon battles would be so intense.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Josh12345 said:
what? How is Atmora Alduin's leftovers? can you elaborate I am actually really confused, I knew of Alduin's cyclical destruction but.... wow, I'm confused.
-Alduin eats Mundus
-Alduin forgot a piece
-that piece was Atmora
-Atmora froze over because it was part of a dead universe
-The Nords left atmora, sailing from the past universe to the new one near the dawn of time.

Lilani said:
How about some DLC that makes the dragons land when they're so close to you, rather than flying around for 20 minutes like a pussy >:-( And a flying mount. Perhaps a shout that summons a slain dragon soul to act as your mount. Flying dragon battles would be so intense.
Dragons always land after a minute or two.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Josh12345 said:
-Alduin eats Mundus
-Alduin forgot a piece
-that piece was Atmora
-Atmora froze over because it was part of a dead universe
-The Nords left atmora, sailing from the past universe to the new one near the dawn of time.

Lilani said:
Hmm, so Man predates the Mer and beast races? Oh and how come no one remembers that then? Besides I thought it was established lore-wise that the divines created Mundus and everything on it.... y'know the more I look into this Atmora is sounding like a great DLC (assuming you could survive what is basically Antarctica X-10)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
We go to Elsweyr and end Thalmor influence there in a The Pitt styled story, however with less moral choice and more of different abilities. Also, electric dragons.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
SajuukKhar said:

You just had to stick you head in here again...

OT: They can't ignore the Thalmor Conflict.
I don't care if its not even the main point of the DLC, it has to a be a contributing factor though at some point.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Josh12345 said:
SajuukKhar said:

Just ignore this.

It WILL cause a rant that has no meaning nor any sense regarding the topic given.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I agree with the Thalmor idea, I don't think they had enough involvement in Skyrim's main quest, besides the dinner party.
Lilani said:
GREETINGS, DOVAHKIIN!

WAIT FIVE MINUTES WHILE I MURDER ALL OF THE DEER IN A TWO MILE RADIUS

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Josh12345 said:
Hmm, so Man predates the Mer and beast races? Oh and how come no one remembers that then? Besides I thought it was established lore-wise that the divines created Mundus and everything on it.... y'know the more I look into this Atmora is sounding like a great DLC (assuming you could survive what is basically Antarctica X-10)
The problem with Elder Scrolls Lore is that the real Lore almost exists outside of the games. In the Elder Scrolls worlds, the inhabitants are just as susceptible to propaganda and lies as we are. These lies and propaganda get accepted as facts by the denizens of the world and therefore everyone you meet in the games ends up telling you the same lies (things like Talos coming from Atmora.) You get occasional references to the real Lore in the games, but for the most part, part of the charm of the Elder Scrolls world is that it's inhabitants suffer from the same flaws and gullibility that any pre-industrial society did.

If you want to find out more about the real Lore then I suggest reading around here and here. :p

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
Lethos said:
Josh12345 said:
The problem with Elder Scrolls Lore is that the real Lore almost exists outside of the games. In the Elder Scrolls worlds, the inhabitants are just as susceptible to propaganda and lies as we are. These lies and propaganda get accepted as facts by the denizens of the world and therefore everyone you meet in thee games ends up telling you the same lies (things like Talos coming from Atmora.) You get occasional references to the real Lore in the games, but for the most part, part of the charm of the Elder Scrolls world is that it's inhabitants suffer from the same flaws and gullibility that any pre-industrial society did.

If you want to find out more about the real Lore then I suggest reading around here and here. :p
thanks for that, aside from making it more realistic in an annoying way and an easily justifiable means for the writers to retcon shit the misinformation stuff is pretty cool.

HouseOfSyn

Nov 25, 2011
There is a number of books / notes in Skyrim describing the increasing frequency of Falmer attacks on the surface - words to the effect of there being enough Falmer to launch a Skyrim-wide attack.

I love killing those disgusting creatures so I'd welcome that but I'm not sure how they'd show two sides to the story. Obviously you can fight against the hordes of Falmer raiding the towns and cities but siding with Falmer and taking over the surface? I'm not sure if that would work.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
Lilani said:
Get on your knees and thank the divines for blessing your game. Mine only land 2/3s of the time, otherwise they just fly around and then leave. Even Dragonrend is not perfect - I have to hit them with it several times in a row and maybe it works.