DLC ideas for Skyrim.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Josh12345 said:
Hmm, so Man predates the Mer and beast races? Oh and how come no one remembers that then? Besides I thought it was established lore-wise that the divines created Mundus and everything on it.... y'know the more I look into this Atmora is sounding like a great DLC (assuming you could survive what is basically Antarctica X-10)
Mundus has been destroyed, and rebuilt, many times before. The Nords come from a past Mundus, and they were created by the gods there. Unless OFC the old Nodric myth about them being created on the Throat of the World at the beginning of time is true, then they were created in this Mundus, sailed to a past Mundus(Atmora), got fed up with it, came back, and are now in Skyrim.

the ancient Nords really didn't give a flying f*** about keeping their history together, Ysgramor was a dragon, his belt was one of his family members, and the 500 companions consisted of Giants and Dragons.
piinyouri said:
Bloodmoon?
Bloodmoon was a contested area of both Morrowind and Skyrim, is belonged to both and neither at the time.
Josh12345 said:
thanks for that, aside from making it more realistic in an annoying way and an easily justifiable means for the writers to retcon shit the misinformation stuff is pretty cool.
That is how Bethesda gets out of everything.

"ohh a book from a previous game said X but the game shows different? The book was lies and propaganda!"

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I would say just adding more quests. Like $5 "Quest Packs" or something that would just add a few quests/locations/items/etc to the game.

I don't know, outside of major expansions, I would just like more content in general.

As for the Thalmor, well I would really prefer that just be a fact of the game world rather than something that needs to be resolved by the player. Like the Imperial occupation of Morrowind. It was a big part of the game's backstory and added a lot of color and flavor, but the player wasn't there to somehow end that conflict.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I have 3 options in mind:

1.) A DLC quest storyline where you finally meet the Dwemer and find out what happened to them (maybe they're hiding in an Oblivion plane or something.)

2.) an expansion of on the Civil War storyline where you get to take a third option where instead of siding with the Stormcloaks or working for the Legion, you get to somehow take the Throne of Tamriel from the Emperor and crown yourself Emperor with Skyrim as your capitol!

3.) A DLC story questline where you encounter another Dragonborn, only he plans to use his Shouting powers to be evil and try to take over Tamriel.

Much like with Ulysses from F:NV's Lonesome Road, this evil Dragonborn can be a secret final boss that proves more challenging than most of the other boss fights in Skyrim.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Look at Shivering Isles or any of the New Vegas expansions. Do that.
Shivering Isles is still my favorite Elder Scrolls thing ever.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Maybe an expansion that sees a giant gate of oblivion open bang slam in the centre of Skyrim and it's up to you to find out why it opened and stop (or side with) some sort of evil emperor/empress who wants to take over Skyrim and use it as a base to launch a takeover of all of Tamriel. There could be some non-hostile sections in Oblivion in which you can talk to weird and wonderful NPC's and possibly even the Deadra lords. It would also be a fun place to put an arena.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Take a daedric lord and show us his realm of oblivion. Personally I want to visit Hermeaus Mora's realm.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
mParadox said:
What about Talos? :O

That would be cool. The Dragonborn being summoned to Sovngarde to have a lively conversation with the warrior-turned-god. Think of all the missions! Though knowing Bethesda they won't be as lively as I'd still but still. ._.
One of the more prevalent theories I've seen is that the Dovahkiin is Talos, in the same manner as the Nerevarine is Nerevar.

It's kinda screwy, but the base idea is that the Dovahkiin is the reincarnation of Tiber Septim/Talos. It'd be a bit weird for him to meet himself.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Misterian said:
I have 3 options in mind:

1.) A DLC quest storyline where you finally meet the Dwemer and find out what happened to them (maybe they're hiding in an Oblivion plane or something.)

2.) an expansion of on the Civil War storyline where you get to take a third option where instead of siding with the Stormcloaks or working for the Legion, you get to somehow take the Throne of Tamriel from the Emperor and crown yourself Emperor with Skyrim as your capitol!

3.) A DLC story questline where you encounter another Dragonborn, only he plans to use his Shouting powers to be evil and try to take over Tamriel.

Much like with Ulysses from F:NV's Lonesome Road, this evil Dragonborn can be a secret final boss that proves more challenging than most of the other boss fights in Skyrim.
the civil war idea would be nice, I can see if you completed the Stormcloak campaign you defend an invading Dominion armada and by the end of it Ulfric appoints you as a Jarl OR new High King if you are a Nord.
If you completed the Imperial campaign Tullius is defending Cyrodiil, leaving you and the now loyal Jarls to stop the invasion coming from High Rock (So Solitude would be 1st, then morthal, Markarth etc.) and by the end of it you are appointed as a new imperial general or if the Dark Brotherhood quest is completed and you are a human race (Nord, Imperial, Breton or Redguard) you can be in the running to become the next Emporer.
OR
If you are a Bosmer, Altmer or Kaijiit you can act as a spy for the dominion, doing things like destroying supplies for your own faction and sending the Thalmor data, by the end, either Thalmor have taken over Skyrim (assuming you did everything right), and left you in charge OR if you did the Imperial line Thalmor take over and you act as a sort of Overseer, BUT if you don't do everything tyou can to make the Thalmor win they will lose and some characters will hunt you down for your involvement.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Misterian said:
Nerevar committed genocide on them, if I recall correctly. That might just be the Dwemer that lived in Morrowind, though.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i really don't care about anything but a proper magic system. if they give me that i may even play skyrim again

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Misterian said:
based on my reading of the Elder Scrolls Wiki, they do seem to kinda explain that in the games;

Edit: actually, nevermind; elder scrolls lore is confusing.. although it looks like the reason for the disappearance was answered possibly in a previous elder scrolls game, when the dwemer attempted to rise to a higher plain of existance and failed, causing all the dwemer to disappear.. or atleast that's what one part said, the lore is confusing

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I want to hang out with Azura in her rose palace.
"Would you like some more tea, Dovahkiin?"
"Yes of course, Mistress of Dawn and Dusk."

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
The Isle of Artaeum and the Psijic Order.

After the end of the College of Winterhold Quests, the Psijic Monks take the Eye of Magnus. Where they take it is never mentioned, but one would guess that The Isle of Artaeum would be the most likely place. I'd love to see a story about what happened to the Eye, what caused the Isle to completely disappear in the first place, and what ideas Bethesda have as far as a compelling story.
Also, I'd like to see a quest line in which you get to restore Winterhold. Maybe not back to a city status, but at least something more than what is there. Of course, that means having another city on the Imperial side also getting an upgrade, too.

Other than that, getting spears back into the game. So much potential there, especially now that mounted combat is a thing. Crafting silver weapons and armor should be made available. Which reminds me...

The Silver Hand would make for a good small DLC idea. Nothing too fancy, I would imagine, but it would be awesome if you could join their ranks. Hey, if we're having faction wars with Vampire vs Dawnguard, then the Silver Hand vs Werewolves should be expanded a little more, as well. In fact, you could have one big battle royal in Skyrim with the Dawnguard vs Silver Hand vs Vampire Lords vs Werewolves. Have one big lag inducing battle in the flat area west of Whiterun in the end for some fun mayhem and destruction.

Oh, AND MY MAGE SHOULD AT LEAST BE ABLE TO USE ONE HAND FOR MAGIC CASTING WHILE ON A GODDAMN HORSE, BETHESDA!

End rant.

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
What I would like to have is more stuff for factions, since the factions do nothing once your in charge, maybe have more members join who have side quests for you that mean you need to help new people when they have fights with other members, or co-ordinate missions to do things.

I would also like DLC that involves you more in the dragons, because they do nothing besides be killed by people during the game.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Personally I just want a shivering isles-esque DLC, im tired of the same old boring/ generic scenery. WHERE ARE THE GIANT MUSHROOMS AND SHEOGORATH?!

(I personally found that one Sheogorath quest to be the most interesting part of the game)

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing a Forsworn based DLC to expand upon their background. Beyond helping the leader escape the mines, they're never really fleshed out beyond "minor nuisance" level - would be cool to play them setting up a proper town and expanding into the realm.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
i want to go to Moonshadow, that's Azura's realm of oblivion. apparently it has a city made of silver and a palace made of roses. i wanna see that.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
chickenhound said:
personally if I was the developers i would make some sort of DLC to release to prep for the next game like rolling all the thalmor hate make the next game have into a full war with them but have some prepping for war stuff as the last DLC released for skyrim

as for other random DLC how about COPS: skyrim that adds quests about cracking down on skooma/moon sugar dealers, new city guard dialogue and more quests like that murder mystery quest? and perhaps an anti thieves guild quest like the anti dark brotherhood one?
How combining the two, a mystery story with the guards of various cities, you have 2 different companions, one of them turns out to be the mastermind behind a wave of crimes you are investigating in the DLC, while another turns out to be innocent, but kills in self defence and so you have to take them to the gallows, but since he/she is a native/lord (let's say he/she is from a noble family and their kin wants them to be judged in their lands) in whatever the part of Tamriel the new game will be.

He/she is taken among other prisoners in a chain gang to that province - the twist being - among them is somebody in a hood, that turns out to be the protagonist of the next game. That way you kind of have a backstory for the character and at the begining of the next game they take of your hood right after you make your character.
Sort of a sad ending, but it makes a nice introduction to the next game.