Do I suck at XCOM?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Satellites are the key. I skimped on satelites and now I'm in trouble. It's too late for me, but save yourself!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Has anyone mentioned not building anything until after you've picked your first mission? If you pick engineers as the first mission reward satellites go down from 100 credits to 77. Definitely worth it.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Yay someone else who doesn't think SA is rubbish. Really didn't have the time today to actually try and formulate a good response to its detractors.

I usually go Asia to start then into SA for first 2 sats.

Although I've been getting fantastically "gamey" with some of my starts recently. Trying out some less obvious openings. I managed to capture the Outsider from the first (guaranteed) UFO in one variation.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Thank God I made this thread. I was going in the wrong direction. I don't know how long I kept fighting with no armor, laser weapons, and building no satellites. Thanks to an overload of alloys and other things, I managed to make a good profit, and start more facilities, Satellites, and researches. I'm in a great position as far as my Single Player is going, so thank you guys :)