Do me a favour and recommend me some music from 2013.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
My favorite album was The Invisible Way by Low. It was produced by Jeff Tweedy of Wilco.

Other recommendations:

Jake Bugg - Self-Titled & Shangri La
Jim James - Regions of Light and Sound of God
Deltron 3030 - Event 2
Eels - Wonderful, Glorious
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Sound City Real To Reel
MGMT
Kasey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park
Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox
Janelle Monae - The Electric Lady
Richard Thompson - Electric

There are great music every year. It just getting harder and harder to find it.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
AnarchistFish said:
This is way too general. What do you like?

could go on but that should get you started

lacktheknack said:
That's because something bad has happened to Todd and he's been REALLY grumpy and snarly. I'm a bit worried.

No, seriously. Watch his "Demons" review again. I can't find anything wrong with the song, and he acts as though it killed his dog. What I'm saying is, Todd should be taken with grains of salt right now, because he seems to WANT to hate everything.

Anyways:

<youtube=Q04ILDXe3QE>

Track of the Year, 2013.
brother here has good taste^

unfortunately I listened to this album whilst on a bad ketamine trip and it kinda ruined it for me

Kyr Knightbane said:

......and music?

Sorry, nope. Nothing found. 'Artists' like Lady Gaga, and Justin Beiber still exist. Music has been dead for years because we've lowered our collective standards and not truly listened to anything. Lyrics used to tell stories worth hearing, now all they do is point out what someone has or doesn't have.

Music has been dead to me for a long time.
ugh I hate this opinion. the internet allowed for an explosion of subgenres, which means you have to dig a bit deeper to find all the great stuff but it's there and you're fucking using the internet right now ffs no one cares about Bieber and Gaga I bet you don't even know who godspeed you black emperor are

So.... i'm supposed to know who they are based off a reference from you? Solid punctuation and grammar as well. I truly love trying to decipher what someone means when they can't be bothered to properly compose an opinion. You realize that when you don't take the time to actually format your opinion or even to make it look remotely professional that I will absolutely not take you seriously. You know this right?

I stated that Music has been dead to me for a long time as I haven't found anything that I enjoy. So, to sum up, as i've been going for awhile. I don't care about bands you link to me. If i wanted a listing of bands, i'd have asked for them. Your input was not necessary nor was it even considered. So do yourself a favor, Don't respond to this as you'll just meet an empty quote. I really don't care. Even the slightest.

Thanks for your time

purf

Nov 29, 2010
You know that thing when you skip through the comments and "Oh, this one's nice/thoughtful/ingoodtaste" and you look to the left and "Ah, of course!"? Hello lacktheknack!

Because yeah, this:

lacktheknack said:
<youtube=Q04ILDXe3QE>

Track of the Year, 2013.
Yesterday, I somehow ended up on Pitchfork's Top 100 Tracks Of 2013, going from bottom up and with Jon Hopkins at #82, that list had served its purpose for me.

But, noone mentioned Deafheaven?

I usually have a hard time standing that kinda vocals, but. Shit, this stuff IS awesome.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Kyr Knightbane said:
So.... i'm supposed to know who they are based off a reference from you? Solid punctuation and grammar as well. I truly love trying to decipher what someone means when they can't be bothered to properly compose an opinion. You realize that when you don't take the time to actually format your opinion or even to make it look remotely professional that I will absolutely not take you seriously. You know this right?

I stated that Music has been dead to me for a long time as I haven't found anything that I enjoy. So, to sum up, as i've been going for awhile. I don't care about bands you link to me. If i wanted a listing of bands, i'd have asked for them. Your input was not necessary nor was it even considered. So do yourself a favor, Don't respond to this as you'll just meet an empty quote. I really don't care. Even the slightest.

Thanks for your time
My grammar is fine (unlike yours actually), and judging an opinion off it is silly. The comment was not particularly serious, hence the ramble, so it's a little funny you took it that seriously. If you state an opinion on a forum like this though, don't be surprised if you get a response; the list pretty obviously wasn't even for you in the first place. Such immaturity from someone presumably as aged as you.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm actually struggling to pick out anything that really stood out for me this year.

Oh wait...
Jarlaxl said:
Little Green Cars - Absolute Zero
Yes.
Jarlaxl said:
I normally love me some Kanye West, but I feel that it's important to qualify Yeezus. Don't go into Yeezus expecting another College Dropout or MBDTF, because that's not what Yeezus is. It is, in my mind, a minimalist dance album overflowing with ego. I went in expecting a well-crafted hip-hop album and got something I would have felt more comfortable with on a dimly-lit dance floor crowded with impossibly good-looking women while I drown my apprehensions in a red solo cup filled with something the guy at the punch bowl called jungle juice. It's that sort of album in my opinion, and that's not good or bad, it just is what it is.
Also, yes.
You are my favourite in this thread.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Kyr Knightbane said:

Thanks for your time
Wait, let me get this right. You came into a thread about music from 2013 despite music being "dead to (you) for a long time". You post something that provides nothing of value to the thread, and when you're called out on your post you proceed to launch into an attack on the spelling and grammar of the respondent in lieu of actually trying to counter any points they made.

Is this the correct interpretation of your contribution to this thread?