Do people actually like to watch this?

Kyle1527

Jun 3, 2010
I'm talking about montages of video games, like for example, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjJ1wvrjkF8&feature=channel_video_title

I just randomly found this channel on a YouTube comment somewhere(it's not mine). Also, the game is quite old by now -_-.

For me, posting a single, unedited clip to a YouTube channel isn't worth the hassle, but 10 out of 100 viewers have liked his video - does this mean that people actually like to watch this content? To me, it's not even impressive at all, montages like zzirGrizzes "DEFIB" are a work of art and you can tell a LOT of effort has gone into them.

This isn't just Call of Duty, but most people watch Call of Duty montages because they find them imnpressive.

What is your opinion on montages of video games? Is it actually worthwhile content?

Also this guy is giving away a HDMI cable...have we really stooped so low? Come on now guys...a HDMI CABLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGVhcSIloGE&feature=channel_video_title

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The only montage videos from games I ever really watched were funny bugs/exploits or crazy shit that is impossible in real matches but impressive none-the-less. I remember an old Halo CE montage video of a guy getting launched off the front of a warthog and headshotting three people with 3 shots from the sniper rifle in mid-flight. Lol.

Kyle1527

Jun 3, 2010
Fappy said:
The only montage videos from games I ever really watched were funny bugs/exploits or crazy shit that is impossible in real matches but impressive none-the-less. I remember an old Halo CE montage video of a guy getting launched off the front of a warthog and headshotting three people with 3 shots from the sniper rifle in mid-flight. Lol.
But people giving away HDMI cables, really? 12 likes? You didn't even have to like to win it -_-.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Kyle1527 said:
Fappy said:
But people giving away HDMI cables, really? 12 likes? You didn't even have to like to win it -_-.
Some people have no qualms with whoring themselves out. Plus, you can get cheapy HDMI cables off Amazon for >$3.

Kyle1527

Jun 3, 2010
Fappy said:
Kyle1527 said:
Fappy said:
Some people have no qualms with whoring themselves out. Plus, you can get cheapy HDMI cables off Amazon for >$3.
Well, it is really stupid and sad to do. Anyway, people like this get 7 likes in about 20 minutes for uploading what? Clips somebody else got, which aren't even that impressive. I just want to know what the appeal of this is.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
If it's 10 people, they could quite easily just be close friends. Or alternatively youtube might fix the voting system so it doesn't go excessively far in one direction.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I'm slowly collecting BF3 footage and am going to make a montage. Mostly it's just for shits and giggles. Not really any point to it. And I'm sure there's a lot of people that will be watching videos and just stuble across it.

If only I was recording yesterday, though... had an incredible match 24-4, 16 kills of which I got on my first life in a tank. BLeh.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
If it's amusing or is genuinely hilarious I will, but other than that, not so much.

Or if there's a big deal about the game, like glitches or exploits, then I will look it up to see what it is.
Rocklobster99 said:

I watch them when they're good.
I gotta admit it, I giggled a lot at the last clip with the helicopter.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Fappy said:
Kyle1527 said:
Fappy said:
wait wut? I paid 100 dollars for mine.....

Damn those salesmen!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fieldy409 said:
Fappy said:
Kyle1527 said:
Fappy said:
wait wut? I paid 100 dollars for mine.....

Damn those salesmen!
Well if it makes you feel any better they have a high failure rate. Mine died after a year. Just bought a higher quality one for 20 bucks at Walmart last week.