Do people change?

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
People can changed. Ive changed a hell of a lot in the past year, as have several of my friends.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
People are like clay: You can always mold clay into hundreds of forms, but it's still the same piece used from the start.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
SharPhoe said:
You're like the Neji to my Naruto, OP. [/horrible reference]

I know for a fact that a person can change who they are if they truly want to.
I used to be incredibly short-tempered, introverted, and anti-social.
Years later, nothing of the "old" me remains.
Q.E.D.
Ditto. I used to be really timid and quiet, but since taking up drama 8 years ago my confidence has grown massively.

However, I do think the OP has a point. Like a girl I used to know, a little quiet, a little geeky. Some orange girls in the year below took her under ther wings and the next day she can to school bright orange, dyed hair and trying to salvage her tiny breasts in a low cut top. Anyone could see that was just a mask; people want to fit in.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
I've seen that a lot of people's personality and attitude change when they to to collage.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Yeap, I think people can change. Although around me most people have changed for the worse.. In fact sometimes people change so much over the years you barely know who they are anymore.
Gawd I miss my school friends...
Me too, I used to be over-confident and constantly energetic, now I can be all gumpy-pants and gloomy on some days. it's annoying for the people around me too.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Let's take this to its logical extreme.

Our OP is pissed off at someone, no? That being said, it's reasonable to say that they weren't pissed of at them before, right?

Wouldn't that mean that said OP has changed, if only temporarily, rending the entire question a moot point?

That might not make sense to some people, so I'll put in a more reasonable example; I've gone from, "I can do anything and I'm gonna change the world!" to "Most days I feel like a monster" over the course of a year. A change, no?

Apologies if my anger is misdirected; if experience is worth anything, though, OP's anger is misdirected, too.

robman1130

Nov 9, 2009
chronobreak said:
robman1130 said:
when did you see the light?
When my state made it a punishable offense to not have health insurance, and I was fined 800 dollars.
wHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? those darn tea-baggers saw this comeing AND tried to warn us?

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Yeah people can change but at heart they're still a little bit like themselves.

Not a bad thing, more like a neutral thing.

slackbheep

Sep 10, 2008
In time but never completely. We become more ourselves, and then we become less ourselves.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
people don't change. people have a set amount of different faces.
they just show different faces to different people and so you give the impression of change.

when you get to know people better they change their face towards you.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Yes, but gradually. Whilst people can change instantly they usually change more slowly with exposure tonew ideas and points of view.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
They
ilessthanthreetea said:
People change, not for anyone else but themselves.
That. People may or may not change, but not in the way that other people would like them too,and frequently people change in ways that themselves don't expect.

A conscious selfchange need a lot of will and work but it possible.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Depends on my mood.

Sometimes, I think people can change, but it takes traumatic events or something similar to happen.
Sometimes I think that people are who they are, no matter what happens.
same here. or is it? am I me, or... *head explods*

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
people do change (as in change for good and for the better). Its just very... very... very rare.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
people change, but it's ussually such a gradual change that rare is it for people to notive.