Do We Live in a Computer Simulation?

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
RUINER ACTUAL said:
Of course it doesn't actually "change" our perception of ourselves, but "where do we come from" is one of the longest-running unanswered questions of our species, so I don't suggest the "ya, whatever" approach.
It's not so much of a "where do we come from" question as it is "are we even real?" We are, at least we're real enough to call ourselves real so whether we're in a simulation or not isn't really interesting enough for me to care about. It makes me seem like I don't care about these sorts of questions which I hate, but this one is just empty to me, especially when there are better questions to be asking than "are we actually just The Sims?"
Fair enough. Im more interested in the fact we can even test for something like that.

Mar 9, 2010
RUINER ACTUAL said:
Fair enough. Im more interested in the fact we can even test for something like that.
That part is pretty fucking awesome, yeah. That there's actually a way to tell if this is real is fairly damn impressive.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
The theory is fun, but appears to be unfalsifiable. In the end I have to shrug and say "...and so what if we are?"

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
If it turns out that we do, I'd like to find a way to have a little chat with whoever was in control of my character creation screen. Whoever it was needed a little more practice with the face editor. They also could have put a few more stats into my strength and stamina.