Do you believe in Aliens, big foot, loch ness monster, etc.?

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Goldbling said:
It's made a good book

See, Max Brooks The Zombie Survival Guide
Pah, your zombie plan is unimportant. What I want to know is what you've done to prepare for the coming rebellion?
How to survive a robot uprising by Daniel H Wilson

resultsmayvary

Apr 30, 2009
Am I only one, I don't want to say I'm offended, but a little irked when aliens are included with the LochNess Monster and big Foot? I mean statistically speaking, the odds that there is intelligent life on ot least one other planet is about as close to 100% as you can get while still maintaining a possibility for a different outcome.

I just feel that intelligent life, outside of Earth, deserves a more valid discussion than it gets. Same with legalizing marijuana, but that's a rant for another time.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
lostclause said:
Goldbling said:
It's made a good book

See, Max Brooks The Zombie Survival Guide
Pah, your zombie plan is unimportant. What I want to know is what you've done to prepare for the coming rebellion?
How to survive a robot uprising by Daniel H Wilson
Whatever, you'll prbobly be needing The Alien Abduction Survival Guide by Michelle LaVigne-Wedel because Aliens are way more likely to happen, duh![/sarcasm]

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Goldbling said:
Whatever, you'll prbobly be needing The Alien Abduction Survival Guide by Michelle LaVigne-Wedel because Aliens are way more likely to happen, duh![/sarcasm]
No no no, everyone knows the much more relevant threat comes from feudal Japan.
How to survive a Ninja attack. [http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/HowTo:Survive_a_ninja_attack]

Xanadeas

Oct 19, 2008
I believe that there's a shit ton that we, as humans, do not know. I believe it's very possible there are other forms of life scattered out in space but that they haven't been to Earth. Now when it comes to cryptozoology I'm undecided. As I said there's a lot we don't know.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
lostclause said:
Goldbling said:
No no no, everyone knows the much more relevant threat comes from feudal Japan.
How to survive a Ninja attack. [http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/HowTo:Survive_a_ninja_attack]
look we can do this all day, but everyone knows the most important thing to remember is "DON'T PANIC" see, Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Goldbling said:
look we can do this all day, but everyone knows the most important thing to remember is "DON'T PANIC" see, Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Tsk, that isn't nearly as important as the answer and the question.
9x7=42, Resturaunt at the End of the Universe by the same.
And somehow we've become relevant to the topic again. The return of the prodigal tangent. Maybe we should leave it at that. Well played good sir.

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
You kinda have to believe in aliens, at least in some form.
I mean, whether you believe it's an infinite universe or just a really, really big one, something has got to be out there. Maybe.

Loch ness, not really. Big foot, kinda yeah.
I swear I saw big foot out in the back woods of Georgia once.
Nearly scared my pants off. :O
My friend & her mother saw it too, in the same general area. Eeek.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
lostclause said:
Goldbling said:
Tsk, that isn't nearly as important as the answer and the question.
9x7=42, Resturaunt at the End of the Universe by the same.
And somehow we've become relevant to the topic again. The return of the prodigal tangent. Maybe we should leave it at that. Well played good sir.
Indeed, well played. I look froward to our many... discussions on literature in the future. If you'll excuse me, I feel the sudden need to watch a certain movie now, thank you and good day or afternoon to you sir. Tally-Hooo!

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
I would like to believe in all that sort of stuff, and am certainly open to the possibility, but I don't really believe in big foot and that type of stuff. One thing I do believe in is aliens, as I doubt that our planet is the only one in the universe capable of supporting life. Nor am I arrogant enough to believe we are the only sentient life.

Cocal

Feb 7, 2009
King_Paco said:
i'm pretty sure zombies are gonna be real one of these days
OH DEAR GOD I HOPE SO.

Well I think that "aliens" exist in some form or another, even though we will never ever meet them. And they can never ever come to our planet.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I think aliens exist. I have no proof, I just think they do.
I don't see any reason for the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot to not exist. They could just be a weird mutated crocodile and a big hairy man that got drunk one night, lost his way home and ended up living in a forest. Am I thinking too much here?

flatearth

Jul 17, 2008
My two cents about aliens is that there is an extremely high chance of there being intelligent life on other planets, but have they visited us, not likely.

Loch Ness monster is pretty much bunked. For a gigantic being to be able to remain hidden in a lake is impossible. And if you consider the facts that it has had to be born from some animal very similiar to itself, which would mean that there are more of them, all surprisingly unseen. You could also think about the age of the beast, it should have mated and reproduced at some point, which again would require more of them.

Big foot also suffers from the same points as Nessie. At this point we should have been able to see multiple specimens, as it is very unlikely that only one singe creature is remaining, and that it has survived for this long. These creatures live in areas where we have lots of people walking around, cameras and other means of surveillance. How can it be that we have never even seen a proper picture of the creature. Besides, the only way it to be a viable specie, it should be somewhere near the missing link between man and ape. Unfortunately it was the human that we have dug up that was the first to stand erect, not the monkey as we see in big foot.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Aliens are large possibility, maybe to the way there depicted in movies, but still a large posibilty, you've got to have an open mind on evolution though, see I think the xenomorphs in aliens are probably one of the more realistic aliens presented in movies, mostly becuase of my open minded look on evolution, see we mostly evolved from simple organisms, flat worms and such and we evolved the way we are becuase of our enviroment, we evolved as are enviroment evolved as are enviroment changed, we changed to adapt to it, those who couldnt adapt died out, xenomorphs could have evolved in a more harsh enviroment that could still sustian life, the simple organisms would have had to evolve differently, depending on that enviroment, Acidic blood, sharp claws, large tail, the ability to climb, poor vision with other senses heightend and dark skin tell alot about this creatures enviroment, if this creature was to exist in the real world on a planet would probably come from a dark planet, extremly primitive and hostile, there wouldnt be a great need for sight so the planet maybe far from the nearest sun, so were looking at a cold climate. The creatures hit and run tactics and there need to hunt and gather things into the saftey of there cave or hive to there queen shows that there not the highest creature on the food chain on that planet, I could go on about this for hours, but a creature like this isnt unfeasable.

Maybe theres a planet out there that evolved almost the exact same way our planet did but never got hit by no astriod so dinosaurs may never have went extinct, its possible.

There a book I once heard that I think was called star master were a good zooms off to out of space to find the star master(God)and on his journeys he comes across different planets with inteligent life forms that are not far from us but evolved from different organisims, such as star fish like creatures and such, this made reflected on there appearance and the way the moved and talked, this I think would also not be far from the truth of what aliens may be.

But you've got to understand, these aliens that are out there probably wouldnt have the technology we have, maybe there far behind or far foward then us, see these aliens may have never invented the things we have and they may have technology we wouldnt ever have though up, they may never had found a way of extracting and using fossil fuels, never found a use for electricity, never realised that a circle object would move things easier, they will probably not have the languages we have, or maybe they will have some think close to our languages under different names.

A problem is also in the fact that if we ever did finally set forth out of this galaxy, created a ship that could go to other planets nd galaxys or created a telescope that could see other planets in detail, if these aliens had worse technology then us then it wouldnt sound far fetched that we'd probably end up invading there planet for resources and land, then we would probably become the space aliens depicted in the movies, and vice versa if another planet found a way of doing the same (getting to other planets ect) who's to say there gunna come in peace?.

As for big foot, I think its possible but not as we see it, as the big man ape yeti roaming the forest, it would be possible that a few neanderthal survived the ice age and theres a few here and there roaming, but that thoery as alot of holes, as surely they'd had been spotted roaming into a town or city during a hunt, surley they'd had been found by some one else other then attention seeking drunks who seem to carry a camera with them every were they go yet carnt seem to actually use the damb thing.

Locheness monster, this story could be more correct then we think, but again in ways different to the myth, maybe a large deep sea animal surfaced a few times in certain parts of the world, one of the places being lochness, maybe a species that lost its way, this creature hasnt just been cited in the loche apparently theres a good few places with simlier sightings of a simlier creature, probably a species that usually live under in the deep sea as its normal habitat, but there are many holes to that theory too, given the reported shape of the creature it doesnt look like type of creature built for the deep sea.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
MaxTheReaper said:
Though I don't really enjoy them that much.
Yeah, tastes differ.
I always was a fan of scifi and fantasy, as well as ghost-/horror-stories.
I dunno, I just enjoy the supernatural in fiction (including Supernatural, by the way).
But it has no role in my real life at all.