Do you believe in Aliens?

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Now I ask this question because of the recent little discovery of some bones, if you want to read it then le here you go:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114324-Peruvian-Scientists-Discover-Alien-Corpse

The questions fairly simple: do you believe in Aliens and do you believe that they have visited earth?

As for me, yes and yes. Aliens are something I love and I would die if we were actually visited in our life time. Do I think that will happen? Nope. Who would want to visit earth? A planet that surprisingly hasn't blown its self up yet and will attack anyone of minor difference. If there was a Advanced race out there I wonder what they would say about us.

Also, if there was one question you could ask a Alien what would that question be?

For me, it would be: Are we the only other advanced life forms you have discovered?

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Yes and no. If they have, I imagine they would have exterminated the blight that is the human race, or at least close.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
spartan231490 said:
Yes and no. If they have, I imagine they would have exterminated the blight that is the human race, or at least close.
Maybe we're, like, entertainment to them. You know how a lot of people watch reality shows?

Maybe we're a reality show/ant farm.

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
enzilewulf said:
TheJayke said:
Yes I believe, simply through maths.
Please elaborate on that. You have peaked my level of curiosity...
Statistically speaking, given the shear billions of galaxies, hundreds of billions of stars per galaxy and around ten planets per star. So if Earth is the only planet that supports life (of any form, carbon based, silicon based, etc..) then its a statistical triumph not to mention fluke!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TheJayke said:
Mathematically, the population of the universe is 0. Therefore, any aliens you meet are likely the result of a deranged imagination.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ruley said:
Statistically speaking, given the shear billions of galaxies, hundreds of billions of stars per galaxy and around ten planets per star. So if Earth is the only planet that supports life (of any form, carbon based, silicon based, etc..) then its a statistical triumph not to mention fluke!
Ah, you mean LAZY math.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Of course, you'd have to be an idiot or an intentional troll not to beleive alien life exists somewhere in the universe. Maths even prooves it, the universe is simply too big for us to be the only ones.

Unfortunately that also makes it nearly impossible that they've ever been here or ever will, or that we might ever meet or contact each other, at least with our current understanding of physics.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Maybe we're, like, entertainment to them. You know how a lot of people watch reality shows?

Maybe we're a reality show/ant farm.
Or maybe they, like us, evolved rather than being created as perfect beings with advanced technology?

Anyway yes, the law of large numbers necessitate that there be life on other planets. We haven't picked up transmissions from them which means we're probably in a lonely neighbourhood however.

I cannot prove conclusively whether Aliens have or have not visited but it is worth noting that no attempt at public contact has been made, which indicates that they do not wish to interact with us at this stage. If they are capable of interstellar travel we have little power to influence them, and therefore it is simply futile speculation.

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
Considering the sheer amount of starsystems out there, i'd say they exist. Since no direct contact has been made yet, i'd also say that...

a.) they have missed us (not unlikely since we're in a remote sidearm of the galaxy)
b.) they are hiding themselves (maybe there's 1 very advanced species out there exterminating everything else, like galactic grasshoppers)
c.) they have seen us but chose to not show up in public yet (very likely)

Hmmm. I'd say C tbh.

TheJayke

Oct 22, 2010
enzilewulf said:
TheJayke said:
Please elaborate on that. You have peaked my level of curiosity...
Probability, there are uncountable billions of stars in our universe, there has to be atleast one that houses some sort of intelligent life, I think.

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
Yes, I believe in extraterrestrial life. I even believe in UFOs. I don't believe aliens have ever visited Earth, though. The statistical odds of there NOT being some form of life out there in the universe are so astronomically (haha) long as to be almost ludicrous. And an Unidentified Flying Object is just that: a flying object that you don't know what it is. Jets, helicopters, and birds can be unidentified flying objects. I just don't believe in alien saucers visiting Earth to "probe" people.

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Ruley said:
Ah, you mean LAZY math.
It is a simplification, but its true. And what you previously posted about the population of the universe is 0, what kind of mathematics are you using? (Hitch-hikers guide reference? /hasn't read it)

Voonhartking

Nov 22, 2011
I believe in aliens. As an American I have to hear other Americans complain about the illegal ones all the time. As for extraterrestrials, yes. There are trillions of stars, maybe more, that we know of. The probability that we are on the only planet with organic life is so small as to be close to nonexistent. I just hope that if they make their way to Earth that they are nothing like earthly colonists. Also "what did you do with Elvis?"

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
enzilewulf said:
The questions fairly simple: do you believe in Aliens and do you believe that they have visited earth?
Yes, long time ago. Reeeeeeeeealy long time ago. Even before "The Elder Scrolls : Arena" release...

enzilewulf said:
Also, if there was one question you could ask a Alien what would that question be?
For me, it would be: Are we the only other advanced life forms you have discovered?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
It would be something very simple. Like "what's your opinion on Ayreon's music" or something... :)

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Due to the sheer vastness of the universe and the tenacity of life, yes, I believe there is a strong possibility for alien life. Because of the age of the universe, there is a possibility for intelligent life. Whether or not they have visited us, made contact, not just observed, I don't know and there isn't really any hard evidence in support of either possibility.

I suppose I would ask them if they considered us more than animals. How inferior and petty would we seem to a species that can travel the stars?

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
Question to ask: Will you bring back Elvis? would probably be on the top of my list just to see if they could.