do you belive you are a good person?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
so lately ive been told a lot of times that im a good guy...
by my friends parents and my girlfriend when she dumped me...
so... i tend not to belive any of them... what about you have you been told that your a good person?
and if you did do you actualy belive them?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
The search bar says... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/search/?cx=005672590579257297818%3Amkmrjhvsnwa&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=good+person&sa=Search&siteurl=www.escapistmagazine.com%2Fglobal%2Fsearch%2F%3Fq%3Dgood%2Bguy%26cx%3D005672590579257297818%253Amkmrjhvsnwa%26cof%3DFORID%253A9%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa.x%3D0%26sa.y%3D0#1148]

No. I break promises, appointments and faces. I'm not a nice guy.

I don't curse in front of my Grandma though.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Depends how you define good person and how good a person you are or not may have no effect on why she decided to break it off, you can't let one comment eat you up

I'm an ok person not super empathic but ive never done anything that bad to not be considered at least a mildly good person...

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
mental_looney said:
Depends how you define good person and how good a person you are or not may have no effect on why she decided to break it off, you can't let one comment eat you up
well i never considered myself a good man and she claimed "its stuff that drives me crazy but youll find someone wholl love you... bla bla bla..."
meaning she tried to not insult me...

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Well, I try.

That's the only answer I can give you. I'm never sure whether or not I'm being the nice jokey guy or a prick. You'd have to ask someone else. Of course, I'm never too sure if anyone can judge their own morality perfectly. The most accurate answer is from an outside source, from my experience, that is.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
idodo35 said:
mental_looney said:
well i never considered myself a good man and she claimed "its stuff that drives me crazy but youll find someone wholl love you... bla bla bla..."
Everyone has annoying habits but unless it's drop kicking puppies or punching babies they don't make you a bad person for having faults or doing something some people my consider crazy making.

I'm sure you are a lovely person really. - I don't mean that in a creepy way so I'll just shut up now....

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
I'm more of an anti-hero. I can be evil if I have to, but it's all for a good reason.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I really have no clue, probably not, I try to be a good person, people seem to think I am, but I doubt I'm a good person...

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
I do think I'm a good person because I hate to burn bridges and willing to accept anyone* to my life

*Anyone who is not a member of PETA and/or Westboro Baptist Church way shape or form

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Not meaning to be an arsehole but to spelt 'belive' wrong it's 'believe'.

Am I a good guy? NO.
Am I a bad guy? I don't think so...

To scale it I would say I'm in the middle...I'm polite (please, thank you, hold doors etc.), I have a british accent (in Canada) which only furthers my politeness when I say stuff.

What/who is a good person?
Never broken the law? Never cursed? Always polite regardless of the situation?

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Nope, I'm a terrible, evil, unmoral, manipulative person and selfish to go. What - I may as well be honest with myself. Why the hell lie? Doesn't make shits difference to me, I'm happy either way.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
mental_looney said:
idodo35 said:
mental_looney said:
Everyone has annoying habits but unless it's drop kicking puppies or punching babies they don't make you a bad person for having faults or doing something some people my consider crazy making.

I'm sure you are a lovely person really. - I don't mean that in a creepy way so I'll just shut up now....
well maybie your right but i just see myself as a "not good enogh person..." and i didnt thought you said it in a crippy way so its ok

I_Sinanju _I

May 3, 2011
There is no such thing as good or evil, just one's views in society.

From the view of society I consider myself to be slightly more bad then good.
Most kind things in my personality are just an act because, frankly, I don't give a damn about most things.
But aside from the mass of lies i still have manners and I value friendship as much as I value power and skill but it's no like I'd sell my best friend for some water (unless I'm really thirsty).

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
I_Sinanju _I said:
There is no such thing as good or evil, just one's views in society.

From the view of society I consider myself to be slightly more bad then good.
Most kind things in my personality are just an act because, frankly, I don't give a damn about most things.
But aside from the mass of lies i still have manners and I value friendship as much as I value power and skill but it's no like I'd sell my best friend for some water (unless I'm really thirsty).
i didnt mean are you a good guy i meant do you think your a good guy?
note for example that most of my friends (society) views me as a good guy but i see myself as a lame good for nothing waste of oxigen...
its all about what you think...

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
No, I hold myself in the lowest regard in nearly every sense. I try not to be a dick to people but that doesn't qualify me as a good person, that's just being indifferent.