Do you buy shoe laces separately?

jojithepainter

May 8, 2023
Country
Switzerland
As someone who likes hiking, jogging, and even spending a few days camping out in the open - I do! Nothing worse than your footwear giving up on you in the middle of nowhere...

So, I was just wondering if anyone else here devoted much time (and attention) to shoelaces in general

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Twice; one pair for my work boots when I accidentally broke them and one for some formal shoes because the ones they came with were too bloody thin and I wanted better ones.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Once when I was a teenager because brown shoes with cream colored laces look better than brown shoes with brown laces. But I don't care enough about that sort of thing anymore to pay extra.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Only when they wear of or when they get tied off too easily. I don't usually do that kind of outdoors activities; but if I did, I'd probably bring a pair of spare shoelaces for emergencies.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I usually buy either super cheap shoelaces or special breakaway laces for my work boots, so if they get caught in something they can easily be cut or snapped off to save my foot.

Otherwise, only if the laces die before the shoe does, which is rare.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I used to use boot laces for various things, so I did have a supply of them, but those days are long gone.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
No. But I do tie them separately.

jojithepainter

May 8, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Only when they wear of or when they get tied off too easily. I don't usually do that kind of outdoors activities; but if I did, I'd probably bring a pair of spare shoelaces for emergencies.
Yeah, that's exactly why I started using rope shoelaces, they can take more beating and my niece thinks they look cool (of course I got her a pink pair) :)

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sometimes, yes, when they've worn to where they might snap if tightened.