Do you care about achievements or trophies?

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I used to be all into pumping up my gamerscore, but recently I haven't really cared that much about it, especially the overall score. Anyone can play some easy to max out games. However, I still do find satisfaction in fully completing games. For example I'm working on 1550/1550 on Skyrim. I think that would be more satisfying than maxing out King Kong and 2006 sports games.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
I like trophies, they can be a decent incentive to continue playing sometimes.

If I like a game enough and I think I've got a decent chance of doing it I'll try for a Platinum.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
I'm not obssessed with them, as I've read other people are, but I do like doing them, either if they're something unusual you'd normally not do or if it's a game I really like. An example of the latter is Demon's Souls and Dark Souls where I have plat on Demon's and close to plat on Dark, only missing... 2, I think, Chaos +5 weapon and all unique weapons.

The other thing, the unusual achievements stuff is something like HL2: Ep2, sending Gnome Chopsky to space. Bringing him through the entire game for an added challenge can be quite tough and can result in some hilarious moments, especially during the car sections of the game.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'm a trophy hunter. I try to get the trophies from the games that I play.

Sometimes a game is too hard and I give up (MKvsDC), sometimes its great game but its too tedious to get them all (Enslaved) and sometimes the game flat out sucks (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2)

I think there's a misconception that people who like earning trophies feel that games are simply a vessel for there digital reward crack cocaine, and thats just silly.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I like trophies and achievements. I don't go out of my way to get every single one on the first play, though. I like to beat the game first, THEN go hunt for trophies/achievements.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I enjoy them, and in trying to fully complete achievement lists generally encourages me to try new things in games that I wouldn't try otherwise.

I don't look at the achievement lists until I've completed the story once though, for most games.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'm not all that interested.

If I receive trophies that are easily obtainable or are the direct result of playing the game well, then I'll gladly accept them. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time with trying to obtain them all.

Rin Tezuka

Dec 9, 2012
I go for Achievements and Trophies, but only the ones I feel like going for. I never try for any achievements that can only be obtained online, they're usually quite annoying or situational. If I do get one, it's always an accident.
Only if I'm really invested into a game will I go for the hard or outlandish achievements or trophies, like the trophy for completing every level without dying in LittleBigPlanet.

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
I go for them in games I like, I think I got 100% in Oblivion and Halo 3 and I'm tempted to go for it in Skyrim, Far Cry 3 and Dishonoured. It's never my goal from the start though, Skyrim I only decided to go for in the last month or so.

KissmahArceus

Mar 1, 2011
I love achievements, I admit I played some shit games purely for gamerscore once upon a time, but only because I worked in a game store and could borrow used games.
These days I go for achievements but not as much.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I like the idea of them, but have very rarely felt a lot of desire to go out of my way to get them. It's really only if I already really really enjoy the game that I find myself driven to complete achievements.. and even then I'll generally ignore the most difficult/strenuous ones.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I never used to be that bothered about trophies, but during the last year I've found that platinuming games is quite addictive, getting 5 in a year. Basically if I like the game and I think its possible, I'll probably try for it now. I'd like to platinum Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dishonored at some point.

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
It really depends on the game. The majority of the games I would just play for fun and do my own thing. Some like Fallout New Vegas tend to end up with me getting most achievements anyway just because I can get so many different result in each playthrough.

Of course, their are games that I really go out of my way to get everything I can. The first time in memory of a game like that was a flash game named Amorphous +, which was very addicting to me and I couldn't help pushing me forward to find each enemy type and beat each round type. The latest fine game to ass to the list is Binding of Isaac, of which I am still missing only one more achievement before I can have them all....and it will be mine, oh yes.

CalJames

Oct 25, 2012
I wish I could say 'no,' but I find myself hunting for trophies and achievements every time I play. I'm not obsessed, but if I know I can get a trophy/achievement for doing something I'll go out of my way to do it.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Achievements at the their best should be a reward for playing the game normally rather than doing stupid and tedious things.

Rayman Origins is a good example of Achievements done right.