Do you care about Hitman Absolution?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It is not interesting to me because it is drifting away from what made the previous games so unique and enjoyable.

I do not want my hand held, nor do I want magic see-through wall vision or anything like that.

neversleep

Dec 4, 2009
Legion said:
It is not interesting to me because it is drifting away from what made the previous games so unique and enjoyable.

I do not want my hand held, nor do I want magic see-through wall vision or anything like that.
you can switch both magic and handholding off with purist mode :)

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
neversleep said:
Legion said:

you can switch both magic and handholding off with purist mode :)
Hmm... now then, I may start having a looksee. Especially as there aren't any games out until around November that I'd like to get so far.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I'm intrigued, yes, but unless I can get a job this summer(ideally a perm. job), I'm only getting the game for a maximum of £20, if I have that much floating around; and after I've gotten a game or two I got my eye on before hand.

I liked the older Hitman games, but I didn't like Blood Money for some reason. The demo made me cringe.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
distortedreality said:
neversleep said:
distortedreality said:
I'm really looking forward to it.

There have been plenty of threads in the past week or so on here.
I must've missed them in the cloud of watch dogs and the last of us. (I'm pysched for them as well but not as much as for a new hitman, I played bloodmoney so much my controller gave out twice)
Heh, that's understandable.

If you haven't checked out the earlier games, you really should. The first game had probably my favorite mission of the series (the hotel one). That one mission alone could quite easily be turned into a movie, there's that much going on.
The remake of the hotel level is pretty damn good too. It was in Contracts, I think?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
That's actually kinda a hard question. I have historically liked Hitman games but, by the same token, one of the things I've liked is how it handles a breach of stealth. The games have been at their most fun when you pulled off a silent assassin rank on a level but the franchise has enormous variation in how easy or reasonable such things were. Hitman 2 made this act nearly impossible it would seem for example.

The thing is, I'm not sure why they keep using the same lead character. Having played all the games, I don't feel he's a particularly good one. He is a guy who favors the ugly side of the fence who's bald, who was apparantly the result of some bizarre experiment to create a perfect killing machine. In fact, the ongoing story is always the least important part of the game it would seem and the regular twists and turns are only interesting because of the excellent gameplay scenarios it forces.

I guess the bottom line is that I like Hitman, but not really any particular interpretation of the game.

Haukur Isleifsson

Jun 2, 2010
I am looking forward to it but I don't buy games on release. I will be waiting to see reaction from fans and critics alike. What I think they are doing with this is "allowing you to fail". That is making the "action" game-play more fun so that you don't feel as if you have ruined everything by getting made one time. In some of the previous ones you either executed a (near)perfect hit or you killed more or less everyone in the level.

jbm1986

May 18, 2012
Yes but not because of the nun punching trailer. I've played/beat/enjoyed other Hitman titles(heck I even bought the movie) so yes I DO care and plan on buying the new game

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
The new voice actor just isn't doing it for me. I would prefer Bateson over him any time of the year.

neversleep

Dec 4, 2009
Schadrach said:
distortedreality said:
neversleep said:
distortedreality said:
I'm really looking forward to it.

There have been plenty of threads in the past week or so on here.
I must've missed them in the cloud of watch dogs and the last of us. (I'm pysched for them as well but not as much as for a new hitman, I played bloodmoney so much my controller gave out twice)
Heh, that's understandable.

If you haven't checked out the earlier games, you really should. The first game had probably my favorite mission of the series (the hotel one). That one mission alone could quite easily be turned into a movie, there's that much going on.
The remake of the hotel level is pretty damn good too. It was in Contracts, I think?
the one with the ghost? Cause that was pretty freaking awesome

neversleep

Dec 4, 2009
Vibhor said:
The new voice actor just isn't doing it for me. I would prefer Bateson over him any time of the year.
I find it really weird a voice actor change would put you off a game.

I mean I liked Bateson, but I don't buy a game for the voice actor or the soundtrack.

I'm buying this game to murder tons of people in different ways

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Iffy. I am leaning towards Dishonored as they both can fill my cold calculated murder game needs. I know they are making action hitman trailers to build hype but it still makes me nervous.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Since Hitman is one of my favorite franchises,

[HEADING=1]Yesssssssssssssss, very much so[/HEADING]

RedLister

Jun 14, 2011
Im curious to know if you can get to one of your targets by going down the chemney dressed as Santa.....just trying to remember where i heard that from. Can't remember for the life of me.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Phasmal said:
Nope. I really need some new games to get excited about. I'm only really looking forward to the new Bioshock.

The trailer just made me go `Here is a game that is clearly not for me`.
So because the trailer shows a guy fighting woman it's immediately 'not for me'?

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I am very excited and after watching both the E3 2011 footage as well as the footage the OP posted, I have only gotten more excited. Too bad that a lot of people will probably dismiss the game entirely because of that "nun punching" trailer. That just seems a bit silly to me.

Aug 20, 2011
Definitely interested. I haven't played a good stealth game in forever (didn't like DX:HR). As long as it doesn't put too much emphasis on action, I'll most likely pick it up.

I'm really excited about Dishonored too, though. They might have to fight it out for my $60.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Demon ID said:
I've never been into the hitman franchise so no but i'd be interested to see how actual fans of the game are reacting to it as it looks quite different to what I remember of the games.
Well, speaking as a fan and judging from the gameplay, not the trailer, it actually seems pretty faithfull. Sure, the first mission seemed really scripted but any hitman fan worth his weight in salt can tell you that none of the hitman games have really had a good first mission, because most of the fun comes in the freedom of how to approach each hit. You can't really do that in the first mission.

The Nun trailer was slightly disturbing, but I'm still quite optimistic. Might be just me though.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
rolfwesselius said:
Phasmal said:
Nope. I really need some new games to get excited about. I'm only really looking forward to the new Bioshock.

The trailer just made me go `Here is a game that is clearly not for me`.
So because the trailer shows a guy fighting woman it's immediately 'not for me'?
Because it completely failed to grasp my interest, it's not for me.
Everybody has their own tastes, this is not to mine. Simple, really.