Do you collect odd things?

FURY_007

Jun 8, 2008
Eh I collect a lot of things. Mainly WWII guns, stuff for Warhammer 40,000, a TT game called MERCS, anything that catches my fancy really, I'm a huge pop culture junky.

Currently my work desk has a metal Irish Harp statue, wood statues of Black Spy and White Spy from Spy vs. Spy, a mini PAC-Man arcade Cabinet, an action figure of a Scout Trooper and Boba Fett, a mini of a 1-up mushroom, a mini deck of cards that is in like old 60's Coke style, a mini of a UPS Truck (I used to work for UPS, met an old timers wife who was giving them away, they were from the 70s).

An odd collection I guess is empty Whiskey bottles. One of my buddies works at a liquor store, and they have an astounding whiskey selection, with new stuff every week, so I usually go down there and just tell them to give me something new. So after I'm done with a bottle, as long as I liked it and it's not already up there, I'll add it to the "display". It's pretty cool cause Michigan has a small, growing local bourbon scene, so I've been enjoying it.

kissthebottle

Apr 5, 2015
I collect cat statues/figurines. Anytime I'm at a flea market, I try to find old/quirky cat statues on the cheap.

Also lipstick, I guess? Not in a display them proudly sort of way...but I can't help myself from buying it all the time and have tons of different shades, colors, types etc. It is my lifeblood. Also looking fabulous always.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Lil devils x said:
Sansha said:
I have a box labelled 'Crap from the street' full of shiny and interesting stuff I find out and about.
Is this like an urban form of rock collecting?
I guess so. I don't know where the box is offhand cos I'm still unpacking from a move, but it's mostly shiny things, as if I were a crow.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Lil devils x said:
Vicarious Reality said:
I have a few moving boxes full of high quality knives, most people would call that odd, plus a fathom or so of assorted axes, swords, machete and various other amusing sticks

I also collect padlocks, perfume, Balinese masks, bottle caps, rope, teeth and lighters

Man this was difficult to photograph, maybe i need to start collecting one proper camera
Is THAT a dragonfly sheath? Does the sword inside ALSO have dragonfly detail? *Drools* I want to see more of it! LOL
Of course

It is made of powder steel
http://casiberia.com/product/tonbo-katana/sh2469

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I really like shark teeth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcharocles_angustidens
A small spinosaur tooth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosaurus
And some ivory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_mammoth

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I collect news articles of which the title begins with 'V'.

kissthebottle said:
I collect cat statues/figurines. Anytime I'm at a flea market, I try to find old/quirky cat statues on the cheap.

Also lipstick, I guess? Not in a display them proudly sort of way...but I can't help myself from buying it all the time and have tons of different shades, colors, types etc. It is my lifeblood. Also looking fabulous always.
Oh shit. Me too. I have like ... at least 50+ sticks, maybe worn 12 of them. Rest just sit, most of them still in plastic wrap. Unopened. Eyeshadow also.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Vicarious Reality said:
Lil devils x said:
Vicarious Reality said:
I have a few moving boxes full of high quality knives, most people would call that odd, plus a fathom or so of assorted axes, swords, machete and various other amusing sticks

I also collect padlocks, perfume, Balinese masks, bottle caps, rope, teeth and lighters

Man this was difficult to photograph, maybe i need to start collecting one proper camera
Is THAT a dragonfly sheath? Does the sword inside ALSO have dragonfly detail? *Drools* I want to see more of it! LOL
Of course

It is made of powder steel
http://casiberia.com/product/tonbo-katana/sh2469

Thank you! I love the dragonfly detail! Dragonflies are also one of my favorite creatures I enjoy collecting.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Like a magpie op.
I tend to find hairpins and feathers on the ground and collect them, like the crazed Autistic I am. The former I figure It'd come in handy if i needed to pick a lock and the latter for it's own sake.
I also collect minis but that seems more reasonable

Queen Michael said:
I collect books that are signed by the wrong writer. I've got a copy of The Invisible Man signed by Dan Abnett, among other things.
Dan Abnett?
Seriously, based Abnett?
How did that happen, also nice.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
cleric of the order said:
Like a magpie op.
I tend to find hairpins and feathers on the ground and collect them, like the crazed Autistic I am. The former I figure It'd come in handy if i needed to pick a lock and the latter for it's own sake.
I also collect minis but that seems more reasonable

Queen Michael said:
I collect books that are signed by the wrong writer. I've got a copy of The Invisible Man signed by Dan Abnett, among other things.
Dan Abnett?
Seriously, based Abnett?
How did that happen, also nice.
Not sure what "based" means in this context, but yep, it's him! I simply went to a signing, and when he'd signed my old Death's Head II comic books that he'd written I told him about my collection and asked him to sign The Invisible Man. He was happy to oblige.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Queen Michael said:
Not sure what "based" means in this context, but yep, it's him! I simply went to a signing, and when he'd signed my old Death's Head II comic books that he'd written I told him about my collection and asked him to sign The Invisible Man. He was happy to oblige.
Oh that's pretty cool.
Well by based I mean he's a damn great writer.
I was a big fan of Gaunts' ghosts for awhile.
Cathpca: Top ten. yeah pretty much, one of my top ten favorite writers

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Generation 1 Yu-Gi-Oh cards and sealed items when I have the disposable income.

Fuck synchros.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I like to collect one rock from each place in the world I've been to. Not just ordinary type of rocks, just pretty rocks found on the beach. I only have 4 of them, but still. I like them. It seemed normal to me, just like collecting keyrings. But according to my boyfriend it's weird and baffling :/ ah well. I like my rocks!