Do you ever go back & look at your old posts?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No, mainly cause I used to get in a lot of internet fights and chances are I would find some that I forgot about and never responded too and feel compelled to continue them. That would just be a waste of time and effort so ehh.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I don't specifically look at my old posts, but sometimes I read through old threads and am always surprised when I find that I've posted in them.

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Sometimes. Its fun to see how far you've grown both as a person and in knowledge. On the other hand it can be cringy how full of crap you used to be with what thoughts and theores you spewed on the web and have since outgrown.

I still go over some of my old posts on anime to remind my self of that, but also to see how I could have avoided one hell of a flame war with a troll that singlehandedly made one of my threads hit over a thousand views.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
saint of m said:
Sometimes. Its fun to see how far you've grown both as a person and in knowledge. On the other hand it can be cringy how full of crap you used to be with what thoughts and theores you spewed on the web and have since outgrown.

I still go over some of my old posts on anime to remind my self of that, but also to see how I could have avoided one hell of a flame war with a troll that singlehandedly made one of my threads hit over a thousand views.
Link please, lets pick at the scar tissue of that old drama!

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
jademunky said:
saint of m said:

Link please, lets pick at the scar tissue of that old drama!
Let me go look, basicly the guy was accusing me of being anti American, of elevating Japan onto a pedestal, and advocating of kiddy portn because I like anime. It was back in 2011, and he has since been hit with the ban hammer. I was also younger and dumber.

https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.276707-Anime-and-the-Issues-We-Have-WIth-It-Culture-Shock-Picture-Heavy?page=1

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Squilookle said:
Maybe we ought to have a 'link to your most embarassing thread from the past' thread :p
THey took out the wild west, remember?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
saint of m said:
Squilookle said:
Maybe we ought to have a 'link to your most embarassing thread from the past' thread :p
THey took out the wild west, remember?
So pick a thread from a different forum then. It's not rocket science

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Yeah I do. Not so much here but other places. Old messages, old comments, remembering people I used to know online. Some I could ask what's up but it would feel awkward. Others I've probably lost contact with forever

I do regret ways I've acted in the past. Not always and maybe not the things people would expect me to regret about them but yeah

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Yeah, but rarely. I do it for a practical purpose. I want to see how my opinions and thoughts have changed. I do that with pretty much everything I do occasionally. It's important to reflect on one's work.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Only on very rare occasions, and it's always to look back at my old Escapist Expo threads, but otherwise no. And it's not because I think I was a worse person back then- I really haven't changed over the years- but it's because I just don't find those posts very interesting.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I can't do that, cuz the incoherent garbage that I care about got deleted from the wild west and politics board.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Squilookle said:
I do regret one thread I made during an imminent long term relationship breakup. Events took over the writing, and by the time I was ready to write out the conclusion, the thread had been locked. Now most of the people who were following it and kindly offering advice have long since left these forums, so it sits there as a quaint relic of a turbulent moment in my life. I still think writing it out helped me a lot at the time, though.
Funny enough, I still wonder what the conclusion was. To this day I see your profile picture and still wonder. I saw the thread get locked, and I shrugged and assumed I'd never know.

OT: HAHAHAHA. No. Some days I feel like my posts have gone to hell in a handbasket. There was a time I was a lot more chill, but when the possibility of forum death became more and more of a reality I stopped caring as much. I feel like I haven't fully come out of that state just yet, but maybe that's just me

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I did back when it seemed like this site was dying last year.

It's interesting going back and seeing some of the things I've said in the past. In some cases it's like I'm reading the thoughts of someone else rather than myself. I guess that goes to show how much we can change over the course of time.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
I can't. Most of my posts were in R&P, GID, and the Wild West.

Not that I care much, but it's still kinda scary how they can just wipe out a large chunk of a person's post history like that.

Sep 24, 2008
I'm going to go on a flight soon, so I got nothing to do right now.

Hey, does anyone else feel a little weird when you're the last post in a thread? I'm like "Aww... I ruined it... :("

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
No, but I do occasionally remember old threads, then get the urge to look those up, but I suck at finding them so I usually give up.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
Hey, does anyone else feel a little weird when you're the last post in a thread? I'm like "Aww... I ruined it... :("
If thread dies on my comment, I feel like I got the last word and assume everyone involved in the conversation agreed with me so strongly, they felt there was nothing left to say.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Xprimentyl said:
ObsidianJones said:
If thread dies on my comment, I feel like I got the last word and assume everyone involved in the conversation agreed with me so strongly, they felt there was nothing left to say.
Narrator: they didn't.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
CaitSeith said:
Xprimentyl said:
ObsidianJones said:
Narrator: they didn't.
Is that piss in my Cheerios?? I guess some men DO just want to watch the world burn?