Do you ever say hateful shit to yourself?

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
I was making dinner and dropped some pasta on the stove. I immediately cursed myself by saying "Good job Johnny. Nice going, fucking moron."

Do you ever say stuff like that to yourself? Rarely? Often? In what situations? What happened that made you do it the last time?

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Pretty often, well it depends, but yeah.
I never really adress myself or say full sentences, because that's weird.
I just think to myself, how its just like me to get stood up again or fuck something up.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I'm quite self-loathing so I often think of myself in a very derogatory manner. I rarely soliloquise that sort of thing unless it's kind of right after the instance, if I've done something particular stupid or if I'm just feeling generally depressed or despondant about a situation I've gotten myself into. Usually just calling myself an idiot or a worthless, deplorable, excuse for a human being. That sort of thing.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
And here some the army of emo escapists!

OT: Sometimes, if I do something really really! stupid like fuck up a conversation with someone I fancy or break a glass.

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
I tend to do the opposite. Like when I use the restroom at the bar, I'll end with a compliment to myself in the mirror. I can't help it. I love myself.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Dr. Danger said:
I tend to do the opposite. Like when I use the restroom at the bar, I'll end with a compliment to myself in the mirror. I can't help it. I love myself.
This cracked me up so hard, god almighty.

OT: Well I've smacked myself in the forehead a few times, but it's not like a daily occurrence...

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
Sometimes I say things like, "Why the hell am I such an idiot?!" Or "Nice going, fuckin idiot." in my head. But usually when I get mad I take it out on everyone else, outwardly, instead of myself. xD

Co3x

Oct 11, 2010
Personally I'm more likely to give abuse to inanimate objects than myself, it's good to pass the blame ^_^

That's not to say I don't from time to time when it really was my fault...

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Dr. Danger said:
Sad thing is i've done the same.

I do have quite a large ego (and confidence bordering arrogance) and my missus has caught me quite a few times looking at myself in shop windows and asked if i'd like her to move.

I really wish I was joking.

On topic.

When i'm gaming if I do a completely dumbarse mistake i'll call myself a tit.

Dropped a pan of soup once but totally blamed that on the oven being on an uneven floor .... don't think the wife was convinced though.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Only when I remeber something embarrasing, at that point I'll yell at myself "What were you thinking jeff!!" and everyone will look at me strange and I'll slink away to avoid any more embarrasment. rinse and repeat.

Captcha: Norydr wall

Men we will take the Norydr wall, are you with me!!!!

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
not at all. my self esteem is quite solid, i avoid doing things i'll regret, and when i make a mistake, i learn from it and move on without a second thought.

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
I usually do the guy thing and blame the piece of equipment I'm using for my failures, but I'm trying hard not to.

I mostly just encourage myself. I love me, I love me so much I sometimes bro-fist myself... It sounds so wrong, yet feel so right. :)

Simski

Aug 17, 2008
I often find myself talking to myself, to which I reply "stop talking to yourself you moron, if anyone catches you then they'll think you're insane", to which I then usually reply "well if they find me replying to myself with insults they won't think any better of me now will they, dumbass?".

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
Cheery Lunatic said:
Dr. Danger said:
This cracked me up so hard, god almighty.

OT: Well I've smacked myself in the forehead a few times, but it's not like a daily occurrence...
Arrogance is bliss. Isn't that what they say?

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Yes... and I would rather not get into it past just saying yes. I really let myself down sometimes, and I show it when I do.